Table of Contents
Are you looking for update on the Gauteng City Region Academy Bursary 2020? We bring you a realtime update on the 2020 Gauteng City Region Academy, GCRA Bursary Application Forms, and Application Guidelines. This post will guide and direct all those interested in know How to Apply for the Gauteng City-Region Academy, GCRA Bursary Government Bursaries South Africa
This Post will also see details on gcra bursary refund, gcra learnerships 2019, gcra vacancies 2019, gcra internships 2019, hulamin bursary, sacccs bursary, gcra bursary online application 2020, bursaries 2020 and more
About Gauteng City Region Academy, GCRA Bursary
The Gauteng City-Region Academy (GCRA) is a branch of the Gauteng Department of Education that aims to promote skills development in Gauteng. This is done through the establishment of leaderships, internships, bursaries and career guidance programs. The Gauteng youth, business sectors, and Gauteng government employees are the major beneficiaries of the GCRA.
The GCRA has developed an Unemployment database in order to identify participants for development programs. The employment opportunities will come from Gauteng Provincial Government departments, municipalities, government agencies, and the private sectors. Interviews, as well as other application procedures and results, will be used as a basis for program selection.
The GCRA Bursary
The Gauteng City-Region Academy (GCRA) is inviting all qualified applicants who are residents of Gauteng as well as unemployed students to apply for its bursary program by registering on the GCRA Database.The bursary covers registration fees, tuition fees, and academic books to any recognized Higher Education Institution (HEI) or a Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) College.
Should the academic expenses exceed the maximum bursary amount, bursary holders are encouraged to apply to other additional sponsorship. GCRA bursaries holder will also be required to render 40 hours of community service from their 1st year of study until graduation.
Gauteng City Region Academy Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizenship
- Must need to be unemployed and be in the process of acquiring a grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
- Must need to be unemployed and have acquired a grade 12 or equivalent certificate.
- Undergraduate students at Traditional Higher Education Institutions or Further Education and Training Institution (Important – Unisa, will not be considered as it is for part-time studies);
- Must need to be a permanent resident of Gauteng; and
- Preference will be given to individuals from previously disadvantaged communities.
How to Apply and Application Details
- GCRA bursary online application is available for the applicants. To do so, register a profile on the GCRA website job center section.
- Prepare the following document to accompany your application:
- Certified copy of ID
- Certified copy of your Grade 12 / highest qualification results
- Proof of residence
- Acceptance letter from the Institution
31 March 2020 .
In completion of the application form:
- Read carefully before completing, signing or submitting this form
- Ensure that this form is completed in full
- Ensure that this form is duly signed
Address: 17 Diagonal Street, Old JSE Building 5th Floor, Marshalltown, Johannesburg, 2113
Tel: +27 11 556 9000
E-mail: [email protected]
- South African Medical Association Bursary 2020/2021 | SAMA Bursary Application Form 2020 pdf
- South African Association for Food Science and Technology, SAAFoST Bursary 2020/2021 | How to Apply
- South African Nursery Association Bursary 2020/2021 | How to Apply for SANA Bursary Application pdf
- SACTWU Bursary 2020/2021 | How to Apply for South African Clothing and Textile Workers’ Union Bursary
- Rural Education Access Programme, REAP Bursary 2020/2021
- Harmony Gold Mining Bursary 2020/2021 (How To Apply For Harmony Gold Bursary)
- Gauteng City-Region Academy, GCRA Bursary 2020/2021
- Sizwe Ntsaluba Gobodo, SNG Bursary 2020/2021
- South African Revenue Service, SARS Bursary Application Forms 2020
- Delta State Bursary Form for 2019/2020 Session is Out
WHAT IS A BURSARY?
According to Wikipedia, A bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary, the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary. According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times.
KEEP THIS IN MIND WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
A lot of students are usually confused when it comes to scholarship or bursary application. When they have answered the most difficult question of where to start, then the other process becomes seamlessly easy for them. Basically that’s why we have decided to include this post to enable you successfully apply for bursaries especially for this year to aid your academic cause. The following are those important things to note before applying for a bursary.
- Most bursaries will request for your Latest Academic Record duly signed from your school, your ID document, evidence of tertiary application and most importantly an authentication that you were accepted. Similarly, some bursaries will require you to provide another proof of Guardians or parents’ source of income and residence. After successfully sorting out these documents, then your next step is to ensure you verify your documents. If you don’t know how to, simply visit any commissioner of oath at a post office, bank or police station.
- Integrity they say is telling myself the truth while honesty is telling the truth to other people. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. Therefore, you must ensure that whatever information you are providing is the truth and nothing but the truth. Fill all blank spaces with correct data. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
- A whole lot of students apply for bursaries without having any references at all and in other cases have references that can’t be reached. Most times this is the first step to not getting the bursary you have applied for. If you need the bursary you are applying for and you want it, then go ahead and find references with correct contact addresses.
- A lot of students also don’t have enough writing skills to win their desired bursary which can prove to be a stone in the neck in the long run. Therefore it is highly advisable that you write a highly convincing and motivational cover letter that will make anyone accessing it believe before he begins to even read it. Things such as why you think you should be awarded the bursary especially more than the other several thousand applying, how you can contribute to society when you have finished your program in school and especially how getting the bursary will be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams and changing your future for good.
- A lot of students apply for bursaries and go to sleep which is very bad. When you apply for any bursary, ensure you regularly and consistently check your Emails and your phone text messages to be sure you have not or have received a message from those assessing your application.
- Lastly, ensure you always check for bursary deadlines or closing dates so you can know exactly when to apply