Table of Contents
Are you interested in the SACTWU Bursary 2020/2021? Then you have accessed the right page. This post contains details on How To Apply For South African Clothing and Textile Workers’ Union Bursary successfully.
SACTWU bursary programme offers members and their dependents financial academic support at South African Universities, Technikons and other higher education institutions that are registered with the National Department of Education.
This post contains details on sactwu bursary application form 2020, bursaries for private colleges 2020, bursaries for private colleges 2019, bursaries for private tertiary institutions 2019m bursaries for private tertiary institutions 2020, bursaries for varsity college, bursaries for private institutions 2019, bursary application form for private colleges and more.
About South African Clothing and Textile Workers’ Union (SACTWU)
SACTWU or the South African Clothing and Textile Workers’ Union is a trade union in the fashion manufacturing industry registered in under the provisions of the Labour Relations Act in South Africa. It is the largest clothing and textile trade union in many South African towns.
This Bursary scheme was founded in 1975 with a small contribution by the members to support the education costs of their children and dependents. The bursary will only cover 75% of fees to a maximum of R35 000 per year and any remaining costs must be paid by the student.
SACTWU has offices across the country in Salt River, Atlantis, Paarl, Oudtshoorn, Port Elizabeth, East London, Durban, Tongaat, Pietermaritzburg, Ladysmith, Newcastle, Pinetown, Isithebe, Port Shepstone, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Botshabelo and QwaQwa.
SACTWU Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- SACTWU qualified members
- SACTWU qualified member’s spouse
- SACTWU qualified member’s children/dependents and legally adopted children who are not more than 25 years old and are not employed
How to Apply for SACTWU Bursary and Application Details
To know the SACTWU fund process and rules, Click SACTWU-Bursaries-2020-Rules Myinfoconnect
- Download and complete the SACTWU Bursary Application Form (pdf)
- The following certified copy documents must be submitted with the application form:
- Student’s ID
- Member’s ID
- ID size photo of the applicant
- Latest certified copy of member’s proof of income
- Statement of account from the institution
- Matriculation certificate if 1st year of study or 1st-time applicant
- The academic record for previous years of study (all years)
- Unabridged birth certificate indicating parents name
- Proof of Guardianship
- Letter from the Department of Social Development /Court Order
- Member’s marriage certificate and the member and spouse ID
- Death certificate of student’s biological parents
- Proof of Marriage and copies of ID for member/spouse ( in the case of an application for spouse)
- An affidavit from a member re status of employment (if the member has been retrenched)
- An affidavit from the applicant stating employed/unemployed if studying part-time or through correspondence
(if employed part-time/contract – attach payslip)
- Completed Application Form to join SASU (only applicable to child dependants)
- Submit the completed application to the contact details indicated below: (one of the following methods)
James Bolton Hall
127 Magwaza Maphalala Street
4001Or, By Post:
SACTWU Bursary Department
P.O. Box 18359
SACTWU Bursary Closing Date
The closing date for the SACTWU Bursary application is:
28 February 2020 – 1st semester
7 August 2020 – 2nd semester
If you have any questions regarding this bursary applications, please contact SACTWU directly at:
Sactwu Bursary Department
Post: PO Box, 18359, Dalbridge, 4014
Tel: (031) 301-1351
Fax: (031) 305-1039
E-mail: [email protected]