The University of Cape Town (UCT) has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation Scholars in its global Scholars’ Program: an educational initiative that provides academically talented young people from economically disadvantaged communities in Africa with access to quality university education.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UCT provides full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate or postgraduate (honours and master’s) degree-seeking applicants. The scholarships ensure a premium educational package that will produce graduates whose qualifications are internationally recognised and locally applicable, and whose transition into the workforce is underpinned by values of engaged citizenship and social justice.
These scholarships cover the full period of study and are renewable annually subject to satisfactory performance and participation in the activities and opportunities offered by the programme. Successful candidates will be required to commit themselves to returning to their home countries and to invest their gained skills and education in their country’s social and economic growth.
DETAILS OF UNIVERSITY OF CAPETOWN MASTERCARD FOUNDATION SCHOLARS PROGRAM
- Academically talented – value learning and are driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged – facing significant financial barriers to completing their education.
- Committed to giving back – investing in their communities, using the skills and knowledge that they have acquired.
- Future leaders – committed to embracing ethical leadership and making a positive change in their home communities.
See Other Scholarships:
5 Laws on How to Pass any Scholarship Exam you Write
DSM: Brighter Living Scholarship | Fully Funded One Young World Summit 2019
Lagos State Undergraduate/Postgraduate Scholarship Award Scheme 2019
5 Life Changing Opportunities you should NEVER Miss in the University
The scholarship includes:
- Comprehensive financial assistance with visa applications, travel, tuition, living expenses, medical aid and accommodation.
- A relevant and recognised education through academic curricula aimed at producing graduates whose qualifications are internationally recognised and locally applicable.
- Academic and peer mentor support – to ensure that each Scholar successfully progresses academically.
- An array of cultural and transition support and training aimed at academic and professional enrichment and assisting in the challenges facing university going students.
- Career and internship opportunities in Africa, service learning, experiential learning – career guidance and support for transition to further study or the workforce.
- Leadership development and training.
- Alumni networks for further support.
CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW TO APPLY
DEADLINE FOR SCHOLARSHIP IS: 30th June 2019
How to apply
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the University of Cape Town MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2019/2020
SHARE TO SOMEONE THIS MIGHT HELP.
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
- Mastercard foundation scholarships
- University of Capetown Mastercard foundation scholarship.
7 throughts on "University of Cape Town MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program 2019/2020 Study in South Africa (Fully Funded)"