Are you interested in being a beneficiary of the South African Medical Association Bursary 2020/2021? Then you are on the right page. Here is a quick guide to help you get the SAMA Bursary for 2020.
This post provides information on sama bursary 2020, mbchb bursaries, bursaries for medicine and surgery 2019, medicine bursaries,medicine bursaries 2020, bursaries for medicine and surgery 2020, sama bursary application form 2020 pdf, medicine bursaries 2019 application forms pdf and more.
About South African Medical Association
The South African Medical Association (SAMA) was formally established on 21 May 1998 by uniting doctor groups with diversified concerns. However, its history started way back the 19th century when doctors from mainly Cape Town, Grahamstown, Durban, Pietermaritzburg and Kimberley, formed their own associations. In 1927, these separate associations were combined to form the National Medical Association of South Africa (MASA).
Currently, SAMA has become a professional association for public and private sector medical practitioners. Through the terms of the Companies Act, it works as a non-profit company and under the terms of the Labour Relations Act, it serves as a public sector. SAMA serves the best interests and needs of its members in all healthcare-related circumstances.
About South African Medical Association, SAMA Bursary
The SAMA medical education bursary aims to support South African citizens who are currently studying in medical fields in pre-graduate studies towards an MB ChB or equivalent. The bursary value of R20 000 per year per student will be given and will be paid into the students’ accounts to help with the tuition fee. The bursary amount is not to be used for accommodation, books or any other related fees.
This bursary scheme is renewal and depends on the satisfactory academic performance of the student. The first part of the bursary will be paid after receipt of proof of registration at the University and the previous academic year’s exam results. The remaining part of the bursary will be given mid-year after receipt of the most recent exam results. Any other funding received by the bursary holder should be declared immediately.
SAMA Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizens
- Applicants who are currently studying in medical fields(MB ChB or MB BCh) at a South African university
- Students who are in the 2nd up to 4th year of their studies. First-year students are not eligible.
- Good academic records
- Proven financial need
- Historically disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply
How to Apply for SAMA Bursary and Application Details
- Download and complete the SAMA Bursary Application Form. (pdf)
- Attach the certified copies of the following required documents to the application form:
- Most recent examination results
- Two written testimonials
- Household Proof of Income
- South African ID
- Send application form and complete documents through either of the following methods:
– Post: The Bursaries Officer, The South Africa Medical Association, P O Box 74789, Lynnwood Ridge 0040
– Email: Ms Grace Baloyi at email@example.com
Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be notified. If no response has been received by the first day of May, please consider applications as unsuccessful.
SAMA Bursary Opening & Closing Date
The closing date for SAMA Bursary is 15 March 2020
Applications received before or after these dates will not be considered under any circumstances. The process of selection for bursaries will be finalized by 30 April 2020 and the successful candidates will be contacted telephonically.
Mrs K Pienaar
South African Association for Food Science and Technology, SAAFoST Bursary 2020/2021 | How to Apply
South African Nursery Association Bursary 2020/2021 | How to Apply for SANA Bursary Application pdf
SACTWU Bursary 2020/2021 | How to Apply for South African Clothing and Textile Workers’ Union Bursary
Rural Education Access Programme, REAP Bursary 2020/2021
Harmony Gold Mining Bursary 2020/2021 (How To Apply For Harmony Gold Bursary)
Gauteng City-Region Academy, GCRA Bursary 2020/2021
Sizwe Ntsaluba Gobodo, SNG Bursary 2020/2021
South African Revenue Service, SARS Bursary Application Forms 2020
Delta State Bursary Form for 2019/2020 Session is Out
WHAT IS A BURSARY?
According to Wikipedia, A bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary, the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary. According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times.
KEEP THIS IN MIND WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
A lot of students are usually confused when it comes to scholarship or bursary application. When they have answered the most difficult question of where to start, then the other process becomes seamlessly easy for them. Basically that’s why we have decided to include this post to enable you successfully apply for bursaries especially for this year to aid your academic cause. The following are those important things to note before applying for a bursary.
- Most bursaries will request for your Latest Academic Record duly signed from your school, your ID document, evidence of tertiary application and most importantly an authentication that you were accepted. Similarly, some bursaries will require you to provide another proof of Guardians or parents’ source of income and residence. After successfully sorting out these documents, then your next step is to ensure you verify your documents. If you don’t know how to, simply visit any commissioner of oath at a post office, bank or police station.
- Integrity they say is telling myself the truth while honesty is telling the truth to other people. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. Therefore, you must ensure that whatever information you are providing is the truth and nothing but the truth. Fill all blank spaces with correct data. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
- A whole lot of students apply for bursaries without having any references at all and in other cases have references that can’t be reached. Most times this is the first step to not getting the bursary you have applied for. If you need the bursary you are applying for and you want it, then go ahead and find references with correct contact addresses.
- A lot of students also don’t have enough writing skills to win their desired bursary which can prove to be a stone in the neck in the long run. Therefore it is highly advisable that you write a highly convincing and motivational cover letter that will make anyone accessing it believe before he begins to even read it. Things such as why you think you should be awarded the bursary especially more than the other several thousand applying, how you can contribute to society when you have finished your program in school and especially how getting the bursary will be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams and changing your future for good.
- A lot of students apply for bursaries and go to sleep which is very bad. When you apply for any bursary, ensure you regularly and consistently check your Emails and your phone text messages to be sure you have not or have received a message from those assessing your application.
- Lastly, ensure you always check for bursary deadlines or closing dates so you can know exactly when to apply
3 throughts on "South African Medical Association Bursary 2020/2021 | SAMA Bursary Application Form 2020 pdf"