Are you interested in being a beneficiary of the Mintek Bursary for 2020/2021? Then you are on the right page. Here is a quick guide to help you get the Mintek Bursary for 2020.
Mintek is South Africa’s national mineral research organization and is one of the world’s leading technology organizations specializing in mineral processing, extractive metallurgy, and related areas. Mintek works closely with industry and other R&D institutions and provides service testwork, process development, and optimization, consulting and innovative products to clients worldwide. Mintek is a state-owned science council that reports to the Minister of Mineral Resources.
Mintek’s mandate is to serve the national interest through research, development and technology transfer, to promote mineral technology and to foster the establishment and expansion of industries in the field of minerals and products derived therefrom.
The technical programmes at Mintek are aimed at generating high economic returns for the national and regional economies while social programmes focus on skills development and educational initiatives. An important target is the nurturing of self-sustaining local economies in areas of South Africa where smaller minerals extraction and beneficiation enterprises have the capability to generate broad-based employment and wealth. The Mintek corporate structure is headed by a Board, which includes a Chairperson and Mintek’s CEO, together with an additional six to nine other members. The Chairperson is appointed by the Minister of Mineral Resources.
Mintek’s Board of Directors brings a significant technical and business expertise to the company, ensuring that both the technical and the social targets will have a meaningful impact on the present and future economy of South Africa.
The CEO of Mintek is supported by the Executive Management team and 14 Divisional Managers.
About Mintek Bursaries
Mintek is embarking on an exciting research project to develop technologies for the metallurgical industry, including minerals processing, using reinforcement learning. As part of this project, Mintek is making available bursaries for Masters and Doctoral studies into the applications of reinforcement learning within the metallurgy.
The combination of reinforcement learning and deep learning has led to amazing breakthroughs in robotics and artificial intelligence. The field of metallurgy is lagging behind in this trend, yet there are significant opportunities to improve the profitability of metallurgical plants by using reinforcement learning.
What the bursary covers:
- Full tuition/including registration;
- Accommodation and Meals fees;
- Laptop Allowance;
- Text Book Allowance
Mintek Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizens.
- Candidates must have completed an undergraduate engineering degree with an excellent academic record in chemical, electrical, mechanical or metallurgy engineering.
- Studying towards their Masters or Ph.D. degree studies focusing on the applications of reinforcement learning within the metallurgy.
- Prior research in reinforcement learning, deep learning or machine learning is advantageous.
- Formal exposure to software development is required, preferably in Python.
How to Apply for Mintek Bursary and Application Details
You need to apply online for the bursary. Click here to start the online application.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo interviews and will be required to write a psychometric test.
Should you not hear from us within one (1) month of the closing date, consider your application to be unsuccessful.
- 20 March 2020
MINTEK Human Resources and Development Division
Private Bag X3015, Randburg, South Africa 2125.
Telephone (011) 709 4111
- South African Medical Association Bursary 2020/2021 | SAMA Bursary Application Form 2020 pdf
- South African Association for Food Science and Technology, SAAFoST Bursary 2020/2021 | How to Apply
- South African Nursery Association Bursary 2020/2021 | How to Apply for SANA Bursary Application pdf
- SACTWU Bursary 2020/2021 | How to Apply for South African Clothing and Textile Workers’ Union Bursary
- Rural Education Access Programme, REAP Bursary 2020/2021
- Harmony Gold Mining Bursary 2020/2021 (How To Apply For Harmony Gold Bursary)
- Gauteng City-Region Academy, GCRA Bursary 2020/2021
- Sizwe Ntsaluba Gobodo, SNG Bursary 2020/2021
- South African Revenue Service, SARS Bursary Application Forms 2020
- Delta State Bursary Form for 2019/2020 Session is Out
WHAT IS A BURSARY?
According to Wikipedia, A bursary is a monetary award made by an institution to individuals or groups of people who cannot afford to pay full fees. In return for the bursary, the individual is usually obligated to be employed at the institution for the duration as the bursary. According to The Good Schools Guide, a bursary is “usually for helping out the impoverished but deserving and those fallen on hard times.
KEEP THIS IN MIND WHEN APPLYING FOR A BURSARY
A lot of students are usually confused when it comes to scholarship or bursary application. When they have answered the most difficult question of where to start, then the other process becomes seamlessly easy for them. Basically that’s why we have decided to include this post to enable you successfully apply for bursaries especially for this year to aid your academic cause. The following are those important things to note before applying for a bursary.
- Most bursaries will request for your Latest Academic Record duly signed from your school, your ID document, evidence of tertiary application and most importantly an authentication that you were accepted. Similarly, some bursaries will require you to provide another proof of Guardians or parents’ source of income and residence. After successfully sorting out these documents, then your next step is to ensure you verify your documents. If you don’t know how to, simply visit any commissioner of oath at a post office, bank or police station.
- Integrity they say is telling myself the truth while honesty is telling the truth to other people. Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving. Therefore, you must ensure that whatever information you are providing is the truth and nothing but the truth. Fill all blank spaces with correct data. No legacy is so rich as honesty.
- A whole lot of students apply for bursaries without having any references at all and in other cases have references that can’t be reached. Most times this is the first step to not getting the bursary you have applied for. If you need the bursary you are applying for and you want it, then go ahead and find references with correct contact addresses.
- A lot of students also don’t have enough writing skills to win their desired bursary which can prove to be a stone in the neck in the long run. Therefore it is highly advisable that you write a highly convincing and motivational cover letter that will make anyone accessing it believe before he begins to even read it. Things such as why you think you should be awarded the bursary especially more than the other several thousand applying, how you can contribute to society when you have finished your program in school and especially how getting the bursary will be a stepping stone to achieving your dreams and changing your future for good.
- A lot of students apply for bursaries and go to sleep which is very bad. When you apply for any bursary, ensure you regularly and consistently check your Emails and your phone text messages to be sure you have not or have received a message from those assessing your application.
- Lastly, ensure you always check for bursary deadlines or closing dates so you can know exactly when to apply
2 throughts on "Mintek Bursary South Africa 2020/2021 | Mintek Bursary Application Form pdf"