Are you looking for how to login to JAMB CAPS portal and check your admission status with your registration number online easily? If you have been receiving the error message, “Invalid login credentials” then, this will help you out.
The Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS) is a platform developed by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) to streamline the admission process for candidates seeking admission into Nigerian universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education. To access the CAPS portal, candidates must log in using their JAMB registration number.
After the introduction of the JAMB CAPS portal in 2017, a lot of candidates have been finding it difficult to login to the JAMB CAPS portal on www.caps.jamb.gov.ng.
SEE ALSO: What Jamb Caps is all About | Frequently Asked Questions
List of all JAMB CBT Approved Centres for UTME across Nigeria
What is JAMB Portal Used for
Checking of Results
One of the major uses of the JAMB portal is for checking examination results. After the examination, candidates can log in to the JAMB portal to check their scores. The portal will display the candidate’s score, subject by subject, and overall performance. The results can be printed or downloaded for future reference. This feature on the portal has made it easier for candidates to access their results without having to visit a physical office.
The JAMB portal is also used for the admission process into tertiary institutions. After the results of the entrance examination are released, candidates can log in to the portal to check if they have been offered admission into their institution of choice. The portal also provides information on the deadline for acceptance of offers, and candidates can also print their admission letters from the portal. This feature has made the admission process less cumbersome and more efficient.
The JAMB portal also allows candidates to manage their profiles. Candidates can log in to the portal to update their personal information, including their email address, phone number, and other important details. The portal also provides a platform for candidates to apply for a change of course or institution. This feature has made it easier for candidates to make changes to their application without having to visit a physical office.
How To Login To JAMB Portal with your JAMB Registration Number
Follow the procedures below to login to the JAMB CAPS portal with your registration number in 2023.
- Visit the JAMB CAPS login portal by clicking www.jamb.gov.ng/EfacilityLogin
- Enter the email address and password you used to register for JAMB in the spaces provided. If you forgotten your JAMB profile password, check the first email JAMB sent to you when you registered for JAMB 2023. You will find you login details in the email.
- Click on login after putting your correct login details. You will be taken to your JAMB e-facility profile dashboard.
- From the list of menus on the dashboard, click on “Check JAMB CAPS”.
By following the steps above to this point, you have just successfully logged in to your JAMB CAPS portal.
Now, the question is, “It is only showing welcome, how do I check my admission status?” Continue reading below.
If you are checking your JAMB CAPS portal with a laptop/PC, you will see the “Admission Status” tab on the left bar of the browser. Click on it.
You will see your registration number in a box (you cannot clear it because you logged into your own JAMB profile earlier and your JAMB registration is attached to it)
Click on “Check admission status” beside the registration number.
SEE ALSO: How to Accept or Reject Jamb Admission on JAMB Caps
Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and Post UTME Cut-Off Marks for all Universities and Polytechnics
How to Login JAMB Portal 2023 With your Mobile Phone
Before you try to login to JAMB CAPS portal with your registration number, note the following
- You should only use advanced browsers like Google Chrome/Firefox (do not use Opera mini)
- The admission status tab will not be visible at the left bar of the browser when you login with a mobile phone.
You need to switch your mobile browser to desktop mode because the JAMB CAPS portal is designed for desktop
To switch to desktop mode, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Menu icon from your browser (the 3 dashes usually at the top right/left corner of your browser)
- From the list of Menu, you will see “Switch to desktop” with an unmarked box beside it
- Click on it to mark the box and switch to desktop mode
- The JAMB CAPS page will reload and you will see the admission status tab on the sidebar now
- Click on it to check the JAMB CAPS admissions status page
- Now, you can view your JAMB admission status and JAMB CAPS profile by clicking on “Check admission status” beside the box containing your registration number
RECOMMENDED: 7 Reasons Why People Fail JAMB | No 2 Will Amaze You
Learn How to Study Without Losing Concentration
Scientifically Proven Ways to Remember Everything You Read
50 Hot Key Points in Physics to Blast JAMB and POST UTME
How to access JAMB Portal 2023 with JAMB mobile app
Another quick way to login to the JAMB portal is to use the JAMB CAPS mobile app. Here are the steps to follow:
- Download and install the JAMB CAPS mobile app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store
- Launch the app and enter your JAMB registration number in the space provided
- Click on the “Next” button
- On the next page, enter your JAMB password in the space provided
- Click on the “Login” button
- Once you are logged in, you can access your admission status, accept or reject admission offers, and perform other actions on the portal.
SEE JAMB GUIDES: How to Upload O’Level Result on JAMB Portal / Profile
JAMB Result Statistics of Candidates in 2019 UTME
How To use Jamb Past Questions to Score Above 280
Jamb CBT Exam Secrets to Scoring High
Recent Repeated JAMB Past Questions and Answers for all Subjects 2020
Original JAMB Syllabus and Hot Topics for all Subjects 2019/2020
50 Hot Key Points to blast Biology in JAMB WAEC and POST UTME
6 throughts on "Quickest way to Login To JAMB CAPS Portal with Registration Number 2023 And Check Admission Status"