The Jamb Examination is here again. Lets quickly look at how the JAMB CBT exam is like and some JAMB CBT exam secrets to scoring very high.
A lot of people are worried about how to possibly manoeuvre through the CBT examination and come out in flying colours especially those who are not too conversant with using a computer system.
I have had many questions from JAMBites asking how they can face the upcoming exams and come out successful. There is no need to be afraid because after reading this article, you will have a better understanding of the whole CBT exam process. This guide will also help you when writing your UTME exams.
JAMB CBT EXAM SCREEN
Below is a picture of a screenshot of the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board CBT screen. Take your time to study it and get conversant with it.
Carefully study all the features labeled there and know what they stand for. This will help you in your upcoming exam.
ALSO READ: SUMMARY OF SWEET SIXTEEN
3 IMPORTANT THINGS YOU MUST DO IN YOUR JAMB CBT EXAM
- Come to your examination venue early so as to avoid any form of complication. Come to the venue as early as possible. Don’t come late and enter the examination hall disorganized and disoriented; this is the start to failure
- Ensure there is no incriminating material around you. Observe your environment carefully and be aware. Also, sit in a very good manner, not in a sleeping position. Sit like someone ready to write an exam. This helps your focus
- With reference to the picture uploaded above, take note of the different areas on your screen so as to be fully aware.
- Time: Duration of your exam
- Subject: The subject you are taking
- Time Left: Your remaining time (ALWAYS BE AWARE OF THE TIME REMAINING SO THAT YOU DO NOT END UP RUNNING OUT OF TIME WITH UNANSWERED QUESTIONS.)
- Instructions: Take note of the subjects’ instructions; never assume anything.
HOW TO USE THE MOUSE
It’s important you know how to use the mouse effectively. Being able to use the mouse fast will help you save more time.
- The mouse should be held between your thumb and ring finger as shown in the picture above
- Take note of the cursor arrow; this will be your mouse tool in making choices and navigating.
- The left button on the mouse is for making selections and is to be clicked with your index finger. When answering questions, move the mouse to your selected option and click the left button.
JAMB CBT EXAM SECRETS TO SCORING HIGH
- PRACTICE AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE AND DOWNLOAD THE CBT PRACTICE SOFTWARE
- JAMB WILL ALWAYS REPEAT QUESTIONS. SO, YOU MUST KNOW THEIR TRICKS. LEARN HOW TO USE JAMB PAST QUESTIONS AND SCORE ABOVE 280 BY CLICKING THE LINK
- REGISTER CORRECTLY AND AT APPROVED CENTRES.
- READ “SWEET SIXTEEN” by Abdullahi Bolaji for Candidates. (Click here to read a summary of the book)
- Practice likely exam questions from
SWEET SIXTEEN” by Abdullahi Bolaji for Candidates by clicking this link 25 Likely Exam Questions from Sweet Sixteen Novel
- GET A HOLD OF THE JAMB SYLLABUS AND USE IT
- YOU MUST BE FAST AND ACCURATE! LEARN HOW TO MANAGE TIME. Here is how to improve your exam speed
- ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK YOUR ANSWERS WHEN YOU HAVE EXTRA TIME LEFT.
ALSO READ THIS: HOW TO OVERCOME EXAM FEAR
SUCCESS ALL THE WAY.
Do well to share this post to someone who needs it. Drop a comment if you have a question too