“List of Aviation Schools In Nigeria”. Aviation is one of the most prestigious courses to study at university. But this is often difficult in Nigeria, where very few institutions teach the practice and have high financial demands.
Despite its financial demands, there are still a lot of people willing to take on the challenge and study in aviation schools. Nigeria has also keyed into the aviation sector. She now has quite a number of aviation schools available for enrollment.
Furthermore, if you have a dream to fly or a passion for aviation as a whole, My Info Connect is here to assist you by providing you with information on top accredited aviation schools in Nigeria and answers to questions like:
- What are the top 5 aviation schools in Nigeria?
- Can I get the list of aviation schools in Nigeria and their fees?
- Which school is the best aviation schools in Nigeria 2019?
Let’s get down to business.
- Requirements for Aviation School in Nigeria | How to Become a Good Pilot
- Top 10 Best Law Schools In the World 2020 | Fees and General Info
- FULL LIST: Top 10 Medical Schools in the World 2020
- 5 Life-Changing Opportunities you should NEVER Miss in the University
- List of Best Courses to Study in Nigeria with Job Opportunities
AVIATION SCHOOLS IN NIGERIA
First off, is
LANDOVER AVIATION BUSINESS SCHOOL (LABS)
Landover Aviation Business School was founded in 2002 and is located in Lagos, Nigeria. LABS offer you a wide range of aviation courses and provide the necessary discipline for a successful aviation practice. The institution consists of 3 main faculties which include:
- The Faculty of Aviation and Management
- Faculty of Tourism and Travel with courses like International Air Transport Association, Ticketing, Airfares
- Faculty of Aviation Operations
LABS tuition fees depend on the course you are undergoing. Basic flight dispatcher course which falls under Faculty of Aviation Operations cost up to ₦230,000. While Ticketing and Basic Airfares which fall under Tourism and Travel cost up to ₦75,000 for just two-week program.
Address of Landover Aviation Business School: 17 Simbiat Abiola Rd, Ikeja
NIGERIAN COLLEGE OF AVIATION TECHNOLOGY
Another one of the Aviation schools in Nigeria is the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology. This is Nigeria’s first aviation school which was founded in 1964, located in Zaria, Kaduna State, Nigeria. It has proven to be one of the best aviation schools in the country.
It has a partnership with other airlines in the country which also helps to provide employment to graduates from the college. Below is a pictorial list of courses available in the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology and their corresponding fees. They have all their courses accredited by the NUC.
Apart from aviation courses, they also offer aircraft maintenance engineering and air traffic service courses. So if you have a passion for flying, NCAT is a good choice for you.
Address of Nigerian College of Aviation Technology: Sokoto Road, PMB 1031, Zaria
Third, the Universal School of Aviation. This school aims at providing an environment for future staff in the aviation sector. It is an accredited aviation school in Nigeria with links and connections to domestic and international airlines.
Graduates from this institution have very good chances of getting a job with aviation companies around the world. This school provides courses like
- Travel and Tourism Management
- Hotel Management
- IATA Training
- Electronic Booking
- Flight Attendant
- SEE All About the Universal School of Aviation | Courses, Fees, Admission Requirements
Pilot training courses can cost up to seven million naira while most other courses cost up to ₦50,000. In addition, the Universal School of aviation also has some discount plans for students; You can get up to 10% discount if:
- You can prove you’re from a low-income family
- Your siblings also enroll in the institution.
Address of Universal School of Aviation: Adetunji Alashe St, Gwarinpa, Abuja and 136 Isolo Road/Ikotun Rd, Egbe, Lagos
INTERNATIONAL AVIATION COLLEGE
This is another aviation school in Nigeria which is regarded as one of the cheapest. It is located in Illorin, Kwara State, Nigeria. Flight training began in 2013 and the institution is equipped with computer-based teaching techniques. The eligibility for enrollment is
- Individual must be 17years of age and above
- Individual must have Credits in Maths, Physics, English, Geography and any other subject.
Also, aptitude and oral tests are conducted for aspiring candidates. The duration of the course is 1year and 6months.
Address of International Aviation College: Beside Ilorin International Airport, Ogbomoso-Ilorin Rd, 240243, Ilorin
DHAEWOOD AVIATION BUSINESS SCHOOL
Dhaewood Aviation Business School was established in 2005 and is an accredited school. It is a private that offers a wide range of courses to the public. Also, they have as much as 44 aviation courses and 34 other courses with adequate facilities and equipment for proper training of students.
In addition, DABS school fees depend on the courses to be undertaken. You can view its courses by clicking here. Duration for courses are from 3months to 24months. And can cost from ₦50,000 – ₦7,000,000.
Address of Dhaewood Aviation Business School: CEMENT BUS STOP, 30 Abeokuta Expy, Dopemu, Ikeja
Aeroconsult Aviation Training is a leading specialist aviation consultancy firm in Nigeria offering services in operations, engineering and management consulting to aviation and alied industries. it is also approved by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority as an Approved Training Organisation (ATO) with Approval No.: ATO/AA/002
It was established in October 1993 as a direct consequence of the need to offer unparalleled development and technical backup to both established and up-and-coming aviation and allied firms at home and abroad.
Address of Aeroconsult Aviation: 29, Adeniyi Jones Avenue Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
Other Aviation Schools in Nigeria include
- Institute Of Aviation and Maritime Studies
- International Institute Of Aviation Training
- Lagos Aviation Academy
- Lagos Aviation And Maritime Business Academy
- Riteway Aviation School
- Belgrade Aviation Training Institute
- Continental Aviation School (CAS)
- Dot Aviation Training Institute
Requirements for Aviation School
- You need to be at least 17 years of age.
- You must be a science student with a science background
- You must have already completed your secondary school education
- Minimum of 5 Credits in your O’Level in subjects like Mathematics, English Language, Physics, and any other 2 subjects like Geography and Chemistry.
READ ALSO: List of the 10 Best Universities in Nigeria
In conclusion, if you have a passion for flying, do well to follow it up. Aviation is a very prestigious course and always pays well at the end of the day. If I were you, I will take hold of every opportunity available.
RELATED TOPICS: school of aviation ilorin fees, universal school of aviation courses and fees, aviation schools in nigeria lagos, planet aviation school ikeja, dhaewood aviation business school, dhaewood aviation business school tuition fee, landover aviation school fees, universal school of aviation prospectus