How to Become a Pilot in Nigeria
To become a commercial pilot in Nigeria, there are a couple of Aviation Schools of which you have to choose from. See there here – List of Aviation Schools in Nigeria and their Fees.
In these schools, you will undergo training for a period of time, after which you will be given a certificate and allowed to apply for your Commercial Pilot Licence
The cost of enrolling is usually high. For example, at the Nigerian Civil Aviation Training Centre, a full Pilot Course costs 7.5million Naira. However, some people are usually lucky to receive scholarships from well-wishers and sometimes state government.
Requirements for Aviation School
To get accepted for training as a Pilot Student, here is a list of Requirements for Aviation School you must meet:
- You need to be at least 17 years of age.
- You must be a science student with a science background
- You must have already completed your secondary school education
- Minimum of 5 Credits in your O’Level in subjects like Mathematics, English Language, Physics, and any other 2 subjects like Geography and Chemistry.
Acquiring the certification of a pilot is not an easy job. You need a lot of dedication, commitment and courage to pass all the written and practical examinations.
Steps to Becoming a Pilot
- Before you start flying an aircraft, you will get a Student Pilot License. (The Aviation School will provide this)
- As training continues, you will acquire your Private Pilot License.
- Before graduating, you get your Commercial Pilot License.
All Licenses are issued by the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA).
- All About the Universal School of Aviation | Courses, Fees, Admission Requirements
- About the Air Force Institute of Technology, AFIT Courses, Cut Off Marks
How many years does it take to become a Pilot in Nigeria?
How Many Flight Hours are Required To be a Pilot? | Requirements for Aviation School
How to Get a Job as a Pilot
To get a job as a Pilot in an airline company, you need up to 4000 Hours of Flight.
SEE ALSO: List of Aviation Schools In Nigeria | School Fees and General Info
2 throughts on "Requirements for Aviation School in Nigeria | How to Become a Good Pilot"