Keep up with the constantly updated Jamb Repeated Questions by clicking here. If you are taking Jamb in your 2019 utme exam, here are some of the most repeated Jamb Questions and Jamb chemistry past questions and answers. These questions will cover a high majority of all parts of your Chemistry syllabus.
If you are preparing for your jamb, do well to follow up this series on Jamb repeated questions and answers
Do well to drop your comments and request any subject in the comment section. Also, share to other jamb candidates.
- JAMB Recent Repeated Questions | Jamb Biology Past Questions and Answers
- JAMB Most Repeated Economics Past Questions and Answers
- JAMB Recent Repeated Past Questions and Answers in Mathematics
- Jamb English Repeated Questions | Jamb English Past Questions and Answers
Jamb Chemistry Past Questions and Answers (1-10)
1. How many moles of oxygen would contain molecules?
NB: Avogadro’s constant (NA)
2. The spreading of the scent of a flower in a garden is an example of ________.
3. A compound with molecular formula CH2O2 is
Ans: Carboxylic acid
4. The quantity of electricity required to discharge 1 mole of univalent ion is
5. The oxidation number of sulphur is +4 in
The overall equation for the reaction is
Ans: 2Al(s) + 3Cu2+(aq) → 3Cu(s) + 2Al23+(aq)
7. Ripening of fruits is hastened by using
8. The shape of a molecule of water is _______
9.Which of the following pairs of elements forms amphoteric oxides?
Ans: Si and Pb
10. The gas given off when ethanol reacts with sodium is
Jamb Repeated Chemistry Past Questions and Answers (11-20)
11. An element used in the production of matches is
12.Which of these alloys contains copper?
13. If the molecular mass of tetraoxosulphate (VI) acid is 98, calculate its vapour density.
14. The situation obtained when a perfect gas expands into a vacuum is
Ans: ΔH is zero and T Δ S is positive
15. The knowledge of half-life can be used to
Ans: Split an element
16. The hydrogen ion concentration of a sample of orange juice is 2.0 X 1011 mol/dm-3. What is its p? [log102 = 0.3010]
17. The presence of ammonia gas in a desiccator can exclusively be removed by
Ans: concentrated tetraoxosulphate (VI) acid
18. The refreshing and characteristic taste of soda water and other soft drinks is as a result of the presence of
19. Which of the following is used to power steam engines?
20. The periodic classification is an arrangement of the elements
Ans: Atomic Number
Jamb Chemistry Key Points to Blast!
1.Cathode ray tube was the forerunner of today’s television tube
2. Each Hydrogen spectrum produces six series and each series produces lines while each line has a specific wavelength.
3. The most used chemical in industries is H2SO4.
4. Nigerian crude oil is called light because it has a low density due to its composition of low molecular weight hydrocarbons.
5. Water molecules can be liquids especially when they are bonded to transition metals
6. Aromatic compounds are those with one or more benzene rings
7. Hydration of ions in solution is associated with liberation of heat
8. Sieving is a technique used to separate mixtures containing solid particles of different sizes
9. N2O is the first Anaesthetic man ever used
10. The Law of Definite Proportion is the same as the law of Constant Composition.
11. The gasification of coke is used for the manufacture of Producer Gas
12. The solubility curve shows the variation of solute concentration with Volume
13. In the preparation of carbon monoxide by heating ethanoic acid with concentrated sulphuric acid, the conc. sulphuric acid acts as Dehydrating Agent
14. Catalytic hydrogenation of oils result in the production of margarine.
15. There are basically two types of radioactivity: natural and artificial radioactivity
OTHER KEY POINTS FOR JAMB:
Stick with us for more!
Hottest Guides to Blast Jamb