Table of Contents
This delightful Peppermint Chocolate Cake offers a perfect treat for any occasion, and the article provides step-by-step instructions for bakers of all levels.
Time (Peppermint Chocolate Cake)
1 ¼ hour
Servings (Peppermint Chocolate Cake)
Ingredients (Peppermint Chocolate Cake)
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup of cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup canola oil
1 cup buttermilk
½ cup hot coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup butter softened
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
3 oz. dark chocolate, melted and cooled
- To make the cake, mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and the wet ingredients in a different bowl.
- Combine the flour mixture with the wet ingredients and give it a quick mix.
- Pour the batter in a 9-inch cake pan lined with baking paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 350F for about 35 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan then transfer on a platter.
- For the frosting, mix the butter with the sugar until creamy and fluffy.
- Add the peppermint extract and the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Frost the top of the cake with this chocolate buttercream and serve right away or store in the fridge.
Nutritional information per serving