Table of Contents
The admission process for York College in 2023/2024 encompasses a range of essential elements, including rankings, available courses, tuition fees, costs, and scholarship opportunities.
The York College is a public college under City University of New York, located in Queens country, Jamaica, New York, USA. It provides undergraduate education along with graduate degrees and part time courses. The York college was started in 1967 and it got its permanent campus in December 1980.
Currently, the college is delivering quality education to more than 8,300 students, with a mission to grow passionate and engaged learners, who will have confidence in their potential and will flourish as successful individuals and global citizens. Based on values like Integrity, Diversity and Civil Engagement, and with the help of its award-winning faculty members, the college provides an unparalleled liberal arts curriculum, along with science, business, and social work courses.
- The CUNY York college was ranked in the rank range of 36-46 among the North Regional Colleges by US News ranking survey 2020.
- The college was ranked 18th among the top colleges for social mobility, in the same survey.
- Among all the colleges in New York, the York college is the 49th hardest college to get in, and 55th best liberal arts college, according to Niche survey 2020.
|Endowment||USD 264.6 Million|
|Student Retention Rate||72%|
|Mode of Program||Full time; Part-time; online|
|Annual cost of Attendance||$17,827|
|Admission Helpdesk||[email protected]|
- The campus of York college is spread through 50 acres of Guy R. Brewer Blvd, Liberty Ave, and 159th Street in Jamaica, New York, with some state-of-the-art facilities for athletics and physical education.
- The campus of CUNY York college houses 7 buildings, an athletic establishment, parking lot, and public transportation, along with enough sites for future development.
- The health and physical education building has some special amenities like Gym, Swimming pool, football field, racing tracks, tennis, and handball courts.
- The college also has a 1500-seater performing arts auditorium located within the campus.
- The college is home to the Regional Testing Laboratory of FDA and provides student internships in partnership with the organization.
- The college does not provide on-campus housing facilities to its students.
- The international students generally stay in rented apartments available in the nearby localities around the college.
- In its three schools, namely School of Arts and Science, School of Business and Information Systems, and School of Health Sciences, The York College offers mainly undergraduate degrees, with few master’s programs.
- The college offers undergraduate majors in around 50 disciplines, including Accounting, Nursing, Business Administration, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Psychology and Fine and Performing Arts.
- The college also offers some uncommon undergraduate majors like Occupational Therapy, Speech Communications and Theatre Arts, Aviation Management, Women’s studies, and Black Studies.
- Along with UG courses, the college also offers Master’s courses like MS in Occupational Therapy, Pharmaceutical science, and business, among others, and MSW in Social work.
- The music programs offered by the college gives special emphasis on Jazz, along with an opportunity to play in the college band.
International students seeking admissions at the York College can follow the below-mentioned admission details:
- Application Portal: Online application portal of CUNY
- Application Fee: USD 65
- Student Class profile:
- Total applicants: 14,173; percent accepted: 53%; percent enrolled: 16%.
- Percentage of international students: 1%
- Average Standardized test scores of admitted students:
|TEST NAME||25TH PERCENTILE SCORE|
|SAT evidence-based reading and writing||450|
- Required high school/college GPA for UG/G students: Not specified.
- Supporting Documents:
- Students Visa
- TOEFL / IELTS / PTE test score
- Academic transcripts
- Immigration Certificate of Eligibility
- Graduation rate: 30% , student retention rate: 64%
- Application Deadline:
|SESSION||FOR STUDENTS NOT ARRIVED AT US||FOR STUDENTS WHO ALREADY ARRIVED AT US|
|Fall||1 July||27 August|
Cost of Attendance
|TYPE OF EXPENDITURE||YEARLY COST IN USD|
|Housing and meals||15,577|
|Books and Supplies||1,364|
|Other miscellaneous expense||5,504|
|Total Yearly expenditure||37,753|
Financial Aid for international students
- Though the college provides few financial aids to international students through CUNY, the student is primarily responsible for all the financial expenses.
- The applications for financial aids are evaluated on the 7th day of each semester.
- However, the student can apply to many private scholarships available to international students, through websites like internationalscholarships.com, Fulbright scholarship, etc.
Private Sources of Funding
Applying for financial aid programs in the US can be overwhelming due to their extensive application filing process. Here’s a brief list of research scholarship opportunities from private organizations both within the U.S. and India.
- American University Emerging global leader Scholarship
- United World Colleges International Youth Scholarships.
- Civil Society Leadership Award
- The Indian Trust Fellowship
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships for Indian Students
- Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowship
- Inlaks Scholarship
- The York college has successful alumnus spread over all sectors including Medical researchers, entrepreneurs, lawyers, and political advisors.
- The York college alumni reap the following benefits:
- The York organizes various events for its alumni including student reception, career seminars, and networking reception.
- They participate in a fund-raising dinner dance.
- They get special discounts from GEICO insurance.
- They get to participate in many other tours and drives.
- Some notable York college Alumni are Deborah Persaud, Hank Sheinkopf, James “Jimmy” Siegel, Donald Vernon, among others.
- The career services department of York College assists students in getting hired and improving their careers through its online hiring portal, career and employment seminars, and guidelines for the students.
- According to a survey, the average salary of CUNY York College graduates is USD 56,000, and the position-wise salary varies from USD 48,000 to USD 113,000.
- The highest salary, which is USD 113,000, was recorded for the position of Physician Assistant, followed by USD 105,000 for the position of Inventory Control Manager.
|M.S Pharmaceutical Science and Business|
fall (15th Jan 2023)
|B.Sc Clinical Laboratory Science|
fall (30th Nov 2023)
spring (30th Apr 2023)
|B.Sc Aviation Management|
fall (30th Nov 2023)
spring (30th Apr 2023)