To all old new students of the great University of Benin, we bring you an update on the 2023 UNIBEN Hostel Accommodation Guide.
Authorities of the University of Benin (UNIBEN) have released the procedure for hostel accommodation booking for 2023/2024 academic session full-time undergraduates.
All students interested in Hostel Accommodation in the upcoming session should take note of these guidelines. Pay your UNIBEN charges for the session.
The payment of charges for the new session will be enabled shortly.
Also, ensure that you actually need accommodation and intend to stay there. You’re not allowed to book and transfer to another student as this is an Offence!
University of Benin (UNIBEN) is one of the leading universities in Nigeria, and it’s located in Benin City, Edo State. The institution is known for its quality academic programs, research, and excellent facilities, including hostel accommodation
SEE ALSO: UNIBEN Academic Calendar.
List of Documents Needed For UNIBEN Admission Clearance | Full University of Benin Clearance Guide
UNIBEN Acceptance Fee and Clearance Info
UNIBEN Hostel Accommodation Payment Guidelines.
RETURNING STUDENTS PAYMENT OF CHARGES AND IF DESIRED, APPLICATION FOR HOSTEL ACCOMMODATION ONLINE FOR 2019/2020 SESSION STARTS ON WEDNESDAY 15TH Febrauary 2023 @ 2 PM.
- Log into your Kofa record (https://uniben.waeup.org/login). Under Accommodation, Select Particular Hall of Interest. This is a compulsory step for all that require accommodation in any of the reserved halls. For example, hall 5, hall 6, NDDC, etc. Those that require accommodation in Hall 1, Hall 2, Hall 3 or Hall 4 and do not want to specify hostel can skip this step and go straight to step 2 after logging in. The next available space will be automatically assigned
- Under Payments, Create Bed Allocation ticket. Make payment using any valid ATM card. The usual payment procedure.
- Go ahead and book your particular space using the activation code on your payment slip, if the desired hall is any of 1, 2, 3 or 4.
- Immediately proceed to pay the relevant Hostel Maintenance fee assigned to your allocated space, upon successful booking. Please note that all allocated spaces will be released back to circulation after 48 hours. For the avoidance of doubt, Note that allocated spaces will be retrieved and become available for others to book after 2 days (48 hrs) of not paying the Hostel maintenance fee.
- Print out relevant Slips to use for clearance into the Halls of Residence. Students that require space in any of the reserved halls should submit their payment slip to student affairs. Any Student allocated a space in the reserved hall is also expected to go ahead and book with their activation code and to Immediately proceed to pay the relevant Hostel Maintenance fee assigned to your allocated space, within 48 hrs, upon successful booking.
UNIBEN Hostel Accommodation Fee.
|S/NO||HOSTEL||DEMARCATION||AMOUNT ( N )|
|5.||FESTUS AKINGBOLA||3RD FLOOR||62,000.00|
|9.||PG HOSTEL EKENHUAN||50,000.00|
UNIBEN Hostel rules and regulations
Gas cylinders are prohibited
One of the most significant hostel rules in UNIBEN is that cooking with gas cylinders is not allowed in the rooms. The university provides communal kitchens. This rule is in place to prevent fire outbreaks and other accidents that can result from cooking with gas or other flammable materials within the hostel rooms. Students who violate this rule risk facing disciplinary action from the hostel management.
No Visitors After 12 pm
Another important UNIBEN hostel rule is that no visitors are allowed in the hostel after 12 pm. This rule is in place to ensure the safety and security of all residents. Visitors who come to the hostel are required to register at the security post and must leave before 12 pm. Students who wish to receive visitors after 12 pm must obtain prior permission from the hostel management, and their visitors must be registered at the security post.
Smoking or Drinking is not allowed
The third important UNIBEN hostel rule is that smoking and drinking are not allowed within the hostel premises. This rule is in place to ensure the comfort and well-being of all residents. Smoking and drinking can create a nuisance for other students and can also lead to health problems. Students who violate this rule risk facing disciplinary action, which may include suspension from the hostel or even expulsion from the university.
Benefits of Living in the Hostel
Living in the hostel has numerous benefits for students, especially those who are far away from home. Here are some of the benefits of living in UNIBEN hostels:
- Accessibility to Academic Programs: Living in the hostel gives you easy access to academic programs, especially if you have early morning lectures. You don’t have to go through the hassle of commuting to campus from your home outside the school.
- Security: The hostels are safe and secure, with security personnel stationed at the entrance of each hostel. The security personnel monitor the movements of students in and out of the hostels, ensuring that only authorized persons enter the hostel.
- Social Life: Living in the hostel provides an opportunity for students to interact and socialize with their peers. This interaction can help students to form lasting relationships, which can be beneficial for their academic and personal lives.
SEE ALSO: UNIBEN Cut Off Mark (JAMB & Departmental)
University of Benin, UNIBEN JUPEB School Fees
University of Benin (UNIBEN) Admission List
University of Benin (UNIBEN) JUPEB Entrance Examination Result
UNIBEN Part-Time Degree Form And Exam Date
UNIBEN Post UTME Form| University of Benin Post Utme Form
1 throught on "University of Benin, UNIBEN Hostel Accommodation Guide 2023/2024"