The official 2020 Jamb Syllabus for Government has been released for Jambites taking the subject in the upcoming JAMB 2020 examination. Here is why you need the Jamb Syllabus and Hot topics for Government
You are expected as an aspirant seeking admission to meticulously exhaust your JAMB Syllabus For Government topic by topic, solve all the questions that have ever come out under each of those topics and build your confidence towards the main exam.
JAMB Syllabus for Government
In this JAMB/UTME syllabus for Government, there are four broad topics and thirty-one (31) sub-topics. Below are the detailed topics and sub-topics of the JAMB syllabus The topic starts with Elements of Government and ends with international organizations.
Now let’s start listing out the topics and sub-topics
1. ELEMENTS OF GOVERNMENT
This is the first topic in government and it has fifteen sub-topics which include;
- ARMS OF GOVERNMENT
- BASIC CONCEPTS IN GOVERNMENT
- FORMS OF GOVERNMENT
- POLITICAL IDEOLOGIES
- POLITICAL PARTIES AND PARTY SYSTEMS
- PRESSURE GROUPS
- PRINCIPLES OF DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT
- PROCESSES OF LEGISLATION
- PUBLIC OPINION
- STRUCTURES OF GOVERNANCE
- SYSTEMS OF GOVERNANCE
- THE CIVIL SERVICE
- THE ELECTORAL PROCESS
2. POLITICAL DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA
The second topic is political development and it has twelve sub-topics which includes;
- CONSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT IN NIGERIA
- IMPERIALIST PENETRATION
- INSTITUTIONS OF GOVERNMENT IN THE POST-INDEPENDENCE NIGERIA
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT
- POLITICAL PARTIES AND PARTY POLITICS IN POST-INDEPENDENCE NIGERIA
- POST-INDEPENDENCE CONSTITUTIONS
- PRE-COLONIAL POLITIES
- PROCESS OF DECOLONIZATION
- PUBLIC COMMISSIONS ESTABLISHED BY THE 1979 AND SUBSEQUENT CONSTITUTIONS
- PUBLIC CORPORATIONS AND PARASTATALS
- THE MILITARY IN NIGERIAN POLITICS
- THE STRUCTURE AND WORKINGS OF NIGERIAN FEDERALISM
3. FOREIGN POLICY AND NIGERIA’S RELATIONS WITH THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY
This is the third topic and it has four sub-topic which includes;
- FOREIGN POLICY
- NIGERIA IN INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
- NIGERIA’S FOREIGN POLICY
- RELATIONS WITH AFRICAN COUNTRIES
4. INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
This is the final topic and it has no sub-topic. Just read up the entire topic.
That’s all the topics and sub-topics you need to read if you want to score 90+ in Government. It is no joke, it’s possible just believe. Prepare hard and pray. Please don’t forget to play a little.
UTME/JAMB Approved Textbooks for Government
- Essentials of Government for West Africa , by Adigwe, F
- Elements of Politics , by Anifowose, R and Enemuo, F. C.
- The Substance of Politics , by Appadorai, A.
- Modern Politics and Government , by Ball, A. R.
- Government for the Certificate Year, by Ofoegbu, R.
- New Topics on Ordinary Level Government, by Olawale, J. B.
- Government for Senior Secondary Schools, Books 1, 2 and 3 by Oyediran, O. Nwosu, H., Takaya, B., Anifowoshe, R., Femi, B., Godwill, O. and Adigun, A.
- Round-Up Government for Senior Secondary School Certifcate Examination: A Complete Guide , by Oyeneye, I., Onyenwenu, M. and Olusunde, B. E.
- Countdown to Senior Secondary Certificate Examination: Government, by Oyovbaire, S., Ogunna, A. E. C., Amucheazi, E. C., Coker, H. O. and Oshuntuyi, O.
Myinfoconnect.com wishes you success in your JAMB 2020. We pray that you come out in flying colours and God will grant you admission this year. Best of Luck.