Establishing a JAMB CBT Centre involves a set of essential prerequisites, all of which contribute to the successful operation of such a facility.
Existing and intending CBT Centres should follow these strict guidelines from JAMB.
- 250 functional Desktop Computer systems or laptops with 10% (i.e 25) backups.
- Provision of individual cubicle with minimum length of 26 inches, breadth of 18 inches and height of 18 inches and appropriate seat for each system.
- Minimum 15 inches flat screen Computer monitor for desktop or 17 inches for laptop.
- The computer systems must be connected to a robust computer server with a capacity to carry 250 systems concurrently.
- All the computer systems must be linked together on Cable Local Area Network topology (LAN). (Wireless Computer connection is not allowed).
- Adequate security and minimum of five (5) technical personnel and one network engineer
- Availability of back-up power supply (power generating set of minimum 40kva for a centre with 250 systems; 60 kva for 350 systems and 100kva for above 350 systems) and UPS/ inverters that can carry all systems for a minimum of two (2) hours.
- The centre must be adequately fenced.
- Provision must be made for a holding room or reception facility e.g canopy with chairs, etc.
- The centre must not be in shared premises such as cinema hall, shopping mall, market, etc.
- Availability of adequate and functional air-conditioners and lighting.
- Provision of up to date Antivirus and all the systems must be virus free.
- Minimum of Windows 7 or higher version of windows operating system.
- IP Camera (CCTV) is compulsory for all CBT centers (Specification to be given by JAMB).
That’s the much we can take on the topic “Essential Prerequisites for Establishing a JAMB CBT Centre”.