It might come as a shock to us all but the Bayero University Kano Management has released the Rules and Regulations for the BUK Dress Code.
Reports reaching us indicate that the University’s role of training students in both character and learning points that all students should dress decently in accordance/compliance with the Bayero University, Kano Dress Code.
Accordingly, the acceptable and decent dress is any type of dress worn by a student, that covers the body from the top of the shoulders to midway between the knee and the ankle, and it must not be tight-fitting or transparent.
Bayero University Kano, BUK Dress Code
Specifically, the dress code forbids indecent dressing such as:
1. Short, bareback and clinging dress
2. Shorts and three-quarter trousers (except for sporting purpose)
3. Tattered jeans and those with holes
4. Transparent dresses
5. Tight-fitting dresses e.g. jeans and skirts that reveal body curves; this is also applicable to locally sewn dresses such as skirts and blouses
6. Wearing only under clothing such as singlet in public places
7. Wearing “Swagger” and/or Sagging trousers
8. Dresses, such as skirts, which have long slits that reveal sensitive body parts
9. Dresses and vests with obscene and indecent inscriptions and/or pictures
10. Dress without buttons, or not properly buttoned, revealing a bare chest
11. Wearing jackboots, bathroom slippers and any other shoes with indecent inscription
12. Sunglasses in lecture rooms and theaters except on medical grounds
13. Plaiting/weaving, perming of hair and use of earrings and chain and bracelets by male students.
14. Use of military and para-military camouflage by students on campus
15. Any other dressing that contravenes, decency, decorum and good taste of the community.
Students should note that these prohibitions apply everywhere on the campuses. In addition, students are bound by the specific dress code of their Faculties, Departments or Professional callings.
Offenders will be Sanctioned as Appropriate.
SEE ALSO: BUK Cut Off Mark | BUK 2020/2021 JAMB & Departmental Cut Off Marks
Bayero University Kano (BUK) Admission List for 2019/2020 Academic Session
Bayero University Kano, BUK Part-Time Degree Admission Form 2019/2020
2 throughts on "Dress Code Rules and Regulations for Bayero University Kano, BUK Students"