Table of Contents
Hello there! I know you are a Direct Entry aspirant and right now, you are really concerned about the Cut Off Mark to get into UNIBEN. Well, this post will help you get answers to those questions.
It is important to note that each year, UNIBEN admits over 10,000 students to study various courses through JAMB UTME, Direct Entry and JUPEB.
The University of Benin was established in 1970 and is a Federal Government owned research institute.
UNIBEN CUT OFF MARK FOR DIRECT ENTRY 2023
The official Cut Off Mark for Direct Entry admission into UNIBEN is based on the department you are applying too. Let us take engineering for example.
To gain Direct Entry admission into the faculty of engineering, you will be given an exam to write. If you score up to 53points, you will be given admission into UNIBEN. You also need Upper or Lower Credit of 3.00 – 3.49 or 2.5 – 2.99 respectively.
University of Benin does not really place high importance on your pre-degree transcript. Rather, they are more concerned about you passing the exam.
SEE ALSO: UNILAG Cut Off Mark for Direct Entry
UNIBEN Direct Entry Requirements
- Candidates who wish to secure direct entry admission into UNIBEN must possess a minimum of credit passes in five (5) subjects including the English Language at SSCE, GCE, O’Level or equivalent qualification at not more than two sittings.
- The candidates must possess either JUPEB, HND, OND or NCE certificate in the relevant programme to be undertaken in UNIBEN.
- After the Direct Entry Screening Exercise, an acceptable score is prescribed for admission.
- Final selection is a combination of candidate’s certificates and the direct entry screening result.
- UNIBEN Cut Off Mark for All Courses
- List of Documents Needed For UNIBEN Admission Clearance | Full University of Benin Clearance Guide
- Full List of Courses Offered in UNIBEN and their Admission Requirements
- UNIBEN Cut Off Mark for LAW 2020/2021 | JAMB & Post UTME
- University of Benin (UNIBEN) Admission List
- UNIBEN Acceptance Fee
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
WHAT IS DIRECT ENTRY?
Direct entry is a style of entry into any Nigerian university straight to 200/300level.
Typically, when you obtain the unified tertiary matriculation examination form and sit for the examination, you can only gain admission into 100level in any Nigerian university, but if you decide to get the direct entry form and you eventually meet the basic admission requirement, you will gain admission into that university of your choice and you will begin from 200/300level. This strictly depends on the entry credentials you used to gain admission
Which universities accept Direct Entry application?
All universities in Nigeria are logically destined to accept direct entry application from Nigerian students and offer them admission into year 2 or 3. Nevertheless, it is possible that some universities might no longer be interested in accepting direct entry students. For now, about 98% of all Nigerian Federal, State and Private Universities still accept direct entry students.
What are the courses offered in Direct Entry admission mode?
All the courses offered in UTME are also obtainable in direct entry. You can apply for any of the courses in any department/faculty of your choice.
Who can apply for Direct Entry?
Not all and sundry can apply for direct entry admission into university. Applying for direct entry is based on your choice of entry into that dream university of yours. Furthermore, direct entry admission into any Nigerian institution of higher education is for applicants who already had a supplementary certificate in combination to their secondary school O’Level. The proposition of this is that, if you are an O’Level holder devoid of any extra certificate, direct entry is not for you.
Do I need to go to my university of choice to obtain the Direct Entry form?
You do not need to bother yourself by going to any university before you obtain their direct entry form. Just get it from JAMB office or any of the selected banks that sells it, and then fill it online. Afterward, submit your certificate to Jamb office. Without submitting your direct entry form, Jamb will surely not work on your admission.