Finally, students can head back to school! Positive feedback from the management of the Ignatius Ajuru University of Education who have announced the IAUE resumption date and all academic activities will resume on Monday, October 5, 2020.
The Vice-Chancellor of the institution Professor Ozo-Mekuri Ndimele made this known during an emergency Senate meeting which held virtually on Tuesday, September 29, 2020.
As part of the COVID-19 guidelines for reopening of schools, all staff, students and visitors must wear facemasks and have their temperature checked at the university gate before entering the campus.
In addition, all must carry hand sanitizers and wash hands at various points provided for it within the campus.
Lecturers must ensure students wear facemasks during lectures and maintain social distancing. They are also to adopt blended learning or dual-mode (online and offline) teaching to cover their scheme of work.
Those with a large number of students are to break the class into smaller groups and teach in batches.
To reduce workload and pressure, lecturers are advised to space their lectures and hold some on weekends if convenient for them.
There will be no more sporting activities and social gatherings of any kind on campus.
Staff, students and visitors who violate the COVID-19 protocols will be sanctioned.
The main university gate will serve as the only entrance and exit point and all are advised to be patient and orderly.
The following persons were appointed as members of the COVID-19 monitoring committee on campus.
- Dr Jonathan O Udechukwu—- Chairman
- Dr C.A Ajie—Rep- Registrar- Member
- Dr Emmanuel Okwu-Rep- Librarian -Member
- Dr Levi D. Kalagbor- HOC, St John’s Campus- Member
- Dr Precious O. Gbene-ol- Director, Health Services—–Member
- Dr Barinua Victor- Rep- Business Studies-Member
- Dr Love Nwamadi- Rep–Education–Member
- Dr Grace Lawrence-Hart—Rep—Humanities-Member
- Mr Austin A. Okwelle- Rep– Natural & Applied Science–Member
- Mr Kabee Kpaa- Rep- Social Science– Member
- Mr Reagan Robinson-Rep– Vocational & Technical Education–Member
- Mrs Comfort U. Sonye- Rep- Vocational & Technical Education- Member
- Engr. Goodluck Nweke- Rep- Estate Department
- Mr Nwibari Nwidua- Chief Security Officer-Member
- Mr Umunakwe Destiny C. President SUG-Member
- Mr Ngeribara Aribibia- Secretary
SEE ALSO: Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, IAUE Cut Off Mark For All Courses 2020/2021
That’s all we have on the IAUE Resumption Date.
Leave a Reply