Veritas University, Abuja has a very strict dress code policy for students in line with its rules and regulations and the university is operated under a christian worldview.
SEE ALSO: Veritas University School Fees Schedule
Veritas University Dress Code
Students may dress casually, comfortably, and should be modest attire. Students should keep in mind that they are enrolled in a Christian institution and that they are preparing for ministry. In accordance with health and safety requirements, clothes (e.g., shoes and shirt) must be worn in all areas of the building.
Specifically, the dress code forbids indecent dressing such as:
1. Short, bareback and clinging dress
2. Shorts and three-quarter trousers (except for sporting purpose)
3. Tattered jeans and those with holes
4. Transparent dresses
5. Tight-fitting dresses e.g. jeans and skirts that reveal body curves; this is also applicable to locally sewn dresses such as skirts and blouses
6. Wearing only under clothing such as singlet in public places
7. Wearing “Swagger” and/or Sagging trousers
8. Dresses, such as skirts, which have long slits that reveal sensitive body parts
9. Dresses and vests with obscene and indecent inscriptions and/or pictures
10. Dress without buttons, or not properly buttoned, revealing a bare chest
11. Wearing jackboots, bathroom slippers, and any other shoes with indecent inscription
12. Sunglasses in lecture rooms and theaters except on medical grounds
13. Plaiting/weaving, perming of hair, and use of earrings and chains and bracelets by male students.
14. Use of military and para-military camouflage by students on campus
15. Any other dressing that contravenes, decency, decorum, and good taste of the community.
Students should note that these prohibitions apply everywhere on the campuses. In addition, students are bound by the specific dress code of their Faculties, Departments or Professional callings.
Offenders will be Sanctioned as Appropriate.