Babcock University has a very strict dress code policy for students in line with its rules and regulations and the university is operated under a Christian worldview. Babcock University has the vision to lead each student to a total dedication of life in selfless service for God and humanity and to guide in the formation of a character marked by integrity, self-discipline, responsibility, tolerance, loyalty and spiritual leadership is the objectives at Babcock University.
SEE ALSO: Covenant University Rules and Regulations
Covenant University Official Dress Code 2023
Babcock University Genaral Dress Code and Rules
The following are not allowed:
- BODYCON AND LYCRA SKIRTS and DRESSES ON CAMPUS
- SKIRTS and DRESSES showing BODY contours. It will be treated as Sexual Harassment
- Skirts and dresses above the knee length (ALL MUST BE 3inches below the knee
- JEAN AND JEAN-LIKE materials at any time on campus
- PENCIL TROUSERS / UNDESIZE ABOVE THE ANKLE TROUSERS
- JEWELRIES- EARRINGS, NOSE RINGS, TONGUE RINGS, BELLY RINGS, BREAST RINGS AND NECKLACES
- JELLABIYA to Classes, Churches, and Cafetaria
Other rules include:
- Bizarre hair-styles are not allowed.
- Indecent dressing is discountenanced, hence, skirts and skirts suits must be long enough to cover your knees. Cotton materials are, therefore, strongly recommended rather than jumping or clinging or body hugging materials.
- Cooking in any form in the halls of residence is disallowed.
- Loitering and association with opposite sex at wrong place, wrong time and inappropriate manner will not be treated lightly.
Babcock University Dress Code for Female Students
- During regular lectures, public lectures, special ceremonies, Matriculation, Founder’s Day, Convocation, and examinations, all female students must be corporately dressed. To be corporately dressed connotes a smart skirt suit, skirt and blouse, or a smart dress with a pair of covered shoes
- All dress and skirt hems must be AT LEAST 4-6 INCHES BELOW THE KNEES.
- Female students may wear corporate “native” attire or foreign wear (decently sowed) outside Lecture and Examination Halls, provided it is decently worn.
- The wearing of sleeveless native attires or baby sleeves and spaghetti straps without a jacket is strictly prohibited in the lecture rooms and in the University environment.
- A shirt, when worn with a waistcoat or armless sweater has to be properly tucked into the skirt or loose trousers. It should never be left flying under the waistcoat/armless sweater. The waistcoat/armless sweater must at least rest on the hip. “Bust coats”, terminating just below the bust line are not corporate; hence they are not allowed. However, Shirts with frills are allowed.
- Jersey material tops, having cotton collars are not allowed for normal lectures, public lectures, special ceremonies, Matriculation, Convocation, Founder’s Day, and examinations. They are regarded as casual wears. Shirts could be tucked into skirts or not. they must, however, be smart, even if they not tucked in.
- Skirt could be straight, flared or pleated. Skirts with uneven edges are not allowed. PENCIL SKIRTS ARE ALSO NOT ALLOWED. Lacy skirts are better worn to church. None should be tight or body-hugging.
- The wearing of dropping shawls or scarves over dresses or dresses with very tiny singlet-like straps (spaghetti strap) is strictly prohibited in the Lecture and Examination Halls and in the University environment.
- The wearing of strapless blouses or short blouses that do not cover the hip line is strictly prohibited in the Lecture and Examination Halls and in the University environment
- The wearing of over-clinging clothing, including body hugs, hipstand trousers, and any clothing made from a stretchy, elastic material, is strictly prohibited in the Lecture and Examination Halls and in the University environment
11.The wearing of revealing blouses, especially low-cut blouses and the type of blouse that does not cover the navel, is strictly prohibited in the Lecture and Examination Halls and in the University environment.
- The wearing of ordinary transparent dresses is strictly prohibited in the Lecture Rooms and in the University environment. Transparent dresses may be worn with a DARK singlet or other forms of DARK inner wear.
- The use of face-caps in the Lecture Rooms, Examination Halls, University Chapel and in the University environment is strictly prohibited.
- Wearing slippers and half-shoes is not allowed in College buildings, libraries, Cybercafe, and Chapel from 7 am-6 pm.
- Female students are advised to wear corporate hairstyles that are moderate and neat, that characterize a decent and joyful, University student. In addition, use of hand dryer should be restricted to the hairdressing salon.
- Coloured hair, coloured attachments and/or the use of two or more shades of coloured attachments are strictly prohibited in the University.
- Female students may wear trouser suits, however, the jacket must fall below the hipline.
- Earrings and necklaces may be used by female students, provided they are not the bogus and dropping types. The wearing of more than one earring in each ear is strictly prohibited anywhere in the University.
- Wearing of ankle chains and rings on toes is prohibited in the University community.
- The possession and/or wearing of Jeans or any jeans like materials of any kind for example Chinos, Corduroy, and Alanshi is strictly prohibited in the University environment.
- Female students can wear low sandals or covered corporate shoes.
- Tennis shoes or sneakers may only be worn outside the Lecture and Examination Halls.
- Piercing of any part of the body, other than the ear (for earrings), is strictly prohibited Any piercing done before Admission into the University shall be declared during the first Registration in the first year. Failure to do so will attract the requisite penalty.
- Tattooing of any part of the body is prohibited Any Tattoo done before Admission into the University shall be declared during the first Registration in the first year. Failure to comply will attract appropriate sanctions.
- Skirts must be worn with slips underneath. Also, skirts slits should not be unnecessarily long and should not expose the knees or any other part of the body that ought to be covered.
- Wearing of Stiletto & bogus shoes as well as clothing and jewelry that do not conform to the prescribed dress code is strictly prohibited in the University environment, and will be confiscated.
27.The wearing of ¾ (three quarters) trousers of any kind to the Lecture Halls, Chapel Services, or during office hours is strictly prohibited. Farmer’s shorts are prohibited. They can only be worn around the Students’ Residential Area. Farmers’ shorts are outrightly prohibited.
- Wearing of boob tubes and camisoles under jackets should be done properly. The entire body must be covered. No part of the chest should be revealed.
- Wearing of tops, shorts or T-Shirts with unholy inscriptions such as SEX, BITCH, and other forms of indecent words is not allowed anywhere in Babcock University
BABCOCK UNIVERSITY DRESS CODE FOR ALL MALE STUDENTS
All male students are expected to dress corporately to the Lecture Halls, Examination Hall, and special ceremonies, such as Matriculation, Founder’s Day, Convocation, public lectures, Church Services, and other events specifically so stated. To be corporately dressed connotes a shirt and necktie, a pair of trousers, with or without a jacket, and a pair of covered shoes.
2 throughts on "Babcock University Official Dress Code 2023"
Pls are shorts allowed in babcock University
Please sir are sneakers allowed