Exciting news to all aspirants of Northwest University, Kano which is now known as Yusuf Maitama Sule University Kano. The NWU / YMSUK Post UTME and Direct Entry screening form for the 2020/2021 session has now been released for all interested persons. The NWU Post UTME application form costs ₦2,000 and the deadline for application is slated for 7th October 2020.
The minimum cut-off mark all applicants must meet is 160
NMU/YMSUK Courses and their Cut Off Marks
|Courses||JAMB Cut Off Marks|
||220 and above|
||180 and above|
||170 and above|
||160 and above|
Students Eligible to Apply for NWU Post UTME Form 2020/2021
FOR UTME CANDIDATES:
To apply to the Northwest University / Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano, you must have
- chosen the Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano as the first choice;
- obtained a minimum of 5 Credit Passes including English Language and Mathematics In SSCE (or Equivalent) at not more than two sittings for both UTME and D.E. Candidates.
- scored the minimum Cut-off Mark for the programme
- registered In the Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano 2020/2021 Admissions Screen PORTAL
- possessed JAMB 2020 UTME Result Slip.
NOTE: Candidates without O’Level results can choose the Awaiting Results (A.R) option against the subjects that for or Intended to sit for When the O’Level result is available, candidates are expected to upload their results on the JAMB PORTAL and UNIVERSITY PORTAL
FOR DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES:
To apply to the Northwest University / Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano, you must have:
- possessed 2020 Direct Entry (D.E) online Registration Slip.
- obtained the National Diploma (ND), IJMB, NCE (or equivalent) certificate or statement of result
- Candidates with ND must have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 for Science-based programmes and 3.5 for Arts-based programmes.
- D.E. Candidates with N.C.E must have a minimum of 9 points for relevant programmes In the Faculty Education.
- D.E. Candidates with UMB must have a minimum of 7 points for Sciences and 8 points for Arts-based programmes.
How to Apply for NWU / YMSUK Post UTME Screening Form
1. The date for the commencement of the ONLINE registration is Wednesday, 26th August 2020, while the closing date is Wednesday, 7th October 2020 at midnight.
3. Candidates should generate REMITA payment Invoice from the portal and proceed to any Bank nationwide to make payment of the Sum of TWO THOUSAND NAIRA (N2,000.00) only as of the Screening Charges.
4. Return to the Portal to complete the registration and print your Acknowledgement Slip to be presented together with other credentials during the Aptitude Test or the D.E. Screening.
Northwest University Post UTME Screening Details
- Date of Screening Exercise for both UTME and D.E would be communicated later.
- Candidates would be requested to come along with original and photocopies of their credentials as well the Acknowledgement Slip for the Screening Exercise on the announced date.
- ONLY CANDIDATES who have registered with Yusuf Maitama Sule University Registration Portal will be screened.
- Comprehensive list of admitted candidates would be uploaded on the University Portal where Candidates can access with their Login Credentials.