For all applicants for admission into the Kabale University, Uganda here is a full list of the KAB Cut Off Points for all Courses like Medicine and Surgery, Law, Engineering, e.t.c. This also contains the Cut Off points for the Screening.
Cut Off Points are the minimum scores that a student needs to attain in their Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) exams to qualify for admission to a particular university or course. Kabale University, like any other university in Uganda, has its Cut Off Points that students must attain to be considered for admission.
Kabale University Cut Off Points for All Courses 2023/2024
Below is the last cut off points set for Kabale University Admissions. Note that this cut off points are subject to change by the management of the Kabale University. You can contact them or visit the website portal for more information.
- Bachelor of Science in Building & Civil Engineering – 47.3
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical & Electronics Engineering – 45.1
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering – 44.8
- Bachelor of Applied Design and Fine Art – 43.7
- Bachelor of Science with Education (Biology) – 34.7
- Bachelor of Science with Education (Physical) – 38.6
- Bachelor of Science with Education (Economics) – 39.9
Admission Requirements at Kabale University
Master’s Degree Programmes
- At least a Second Class (Lower) Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognised university/institution.
- Lower qualification may be considered upon presentation of academic growth.
Bachelor’s Degree Programmes
An applicant for admission into the Bachelor’s degree programme will qualify under the following requirements:
Direct entry from Secondary School:
- Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 passes and at least two principal passes at Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent.
- Aged 25 years and above and has passed the mature age entry examinations (accredited by Uganda National Council for higher Education) with at least a 50% mark
Undergraduate Diploma Programmes
- Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least three (5) passes; and
- Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least one principal pass and two subsidiary passes obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent.
How to calculate Cut-off Points at Kabale University
Kabale University uses a straightforward formula to calculate cut off points. The formula is:
Cut off points = (weighted sum of best 4 subjects) + (1 point for the required subject)
Here, the best 4 subjects refer to the four subjects in which you scored the highest marks. The required subject is English Language, and it is mandatory for all courses.
Example of Calculating Cut Off Points
Let’s say that you have sat for the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) exams and scored the following grades:
- Physics: A
- Mathematics: B
- Economics: B
- Chemistry: C
- Biology: D
- English: B
To calculate your cut off points for Makerere University, you would select your best 4 subjects, which, in this case, are Physics, Mathematics, Economics, and English. You would then assign the following weights to each subject:
- Physics: 3
- Mathematics: 3
- Economics: 3
- English: 1
See How to Calculate Weighting System for Uganda Universities Cut off Points
Leave a Reply