Great news for all aspirants of the Ekiti State University as the EKSU School Portal has been opened and the EKSU Pre-Degree Admission Screening Form for 2020/2021 Session has been released.
Below are details of the Courses offered in Ekiti State University, Admission Requirements, Acceptance Fee and School fees and Details on the Pre-Degree Admission form
It is important and essential for all applicants to note that Ekiti State University has a moderate admission acceptance rate of about 50%. This means that about 50% of the total number of students that apply to EKSU are usually accepted and given admission.
EKSU RANKING: Statistial analysis shows that Ekiti State University currently ranks at 53 in Nigeria, 183 in Africa and 8712 in the World.
Applications for the form are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the following Pre-degree courses in the Pre-degree Programme of Ekiti State University (EKSU), Ado-Ekiti for 2020/2021 Session.
EKSU Pre-Degree Available Courses
|Agricultural Sciences||1. Agricultural Science /Chemistry/ Physics/ English Language.
2. Biology /Chemistry/ Physics /English Language
|Arts||1. Government/Literature in English/Religious Studies
2. Economics/Government/Literature in English
|Biological Sciences||1. Biology/Chemistry/Physics
2. Agricultural Science/Chemistry/Physics
|Education||1. Agricultural Science/ Chemistry/ Physics /English Language.
2. Biology/ Chemistry/ Physics/ English Language.
3. Government /Literature in English/CRS/ IRS/English Language.
4. Literature in English/ CRS /IRS/ English Language.
5. Government/ Literature in English/ Economic/ English Lang.
6. Chemistry/Physics/Geography/English Language.
7. Mathematics/ Chemistry/Physics/English Language.
8. Geography/ Chemistry/ Physics/ English Language.
9. Economics /Mathematics/Geography/Government/English.
10. Economics/ Government /Geography/English Language.
11. Economics /Government /Mathematics/ English Language.
12. Mathematics /Geography /Economics/ English Language.
|Physical Sciences||1. Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics
|Social Sciences||1. Economics/Government/Mathematics
4. Economics/Commerce/Principles of Accounting
OBTAINABLE DEGREE PROGRAMMES UNDER EACH OPTION ARE AS FOLLOWS:
A. AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES
(1) Agricultural Economics & Extension Services
(2) Crop Production, Horticulture and Landscaping
(3) Forestry & Wild Life
(4) Animal Production & Health Sciences
(5) Soil & Environmental Sciences
(6) Fisheries and Agriculture Management (FAM)
(3) History and International Studies
(6) Christian Religious Studies; Arabic & Islamic Studies
(7) Theatre and Media Arts
C. BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
(5) Plant Science and Biotechnology
(6) Zoology and Environmental Biology
(7) SLT Biotechnology
(1) English Education (13) French Education
(2) History Education (14) Christian Religious Studies Education; Arabic & Islamic Studies Education
(3) Yoruba Education (15) Agricultural Education
(4) Biology Education (16) Chemistry Education
(5) Human Kinetics & Health Education (17) Computer Education
(6) Mathematics Education (18) Educational Technology
(7) Technical Education with the following Option: (19) Adult Education
(i) Building (ii) Metal Works (20) Education & Lib. Studies
(iii) Electrical /Electronic (iv) Integrated Science (21) Environmental Education
(8) Early Childhood Education (22) Economics Education
(9) Geography Education (23) Political Science Education
(10) Accounting Education (24) Business Education
(11) Educational Management (25) Guidance & Counselling
(12) Social Studies Education
E. PHYSICAL SCIENCES
(2) Industrial Chemistry
(3) Civil Engineering
(4) Computer Science
(5) Computer Engineering
(6) Electrical & Electronics Engineering
(9) Mechanical Engineering
(12) SLT with the following Options:
F. SOCIAL SCIENCES
(2) Banking & Finance
(3) Business Administration
(4) Entrepreneurship Studies
(6) Actuarial Science
(7) Cooperatives & Rural Development
(9) Industrial Relations and Personnel Management
(12) Environmental Management
(13) Geography & Planning Sciences
(14) Personnel Management
(15) Political Science
(18) Tourism & Hospitality Management
EKSU Pre-Degree Admission Requirements
Applicants seeking admission into the Pre-Degree Programmes must possess a minimum of five ‘0’ level at two sittings, including English Language; Credits Mathematics and three other Science subjects for all the Science-based courses; credit in Mathematics and at least two Social Science subjects for all Social Science-based courses and at least three Arts subjects for All Arts based courses. An entrance examination will be conducted to select eligible candidates for admission into the Programme.
How to Apply for EKSU Pre-Degree Admission Form
Applicants are to:
- Login to quickteller.com
- Search for “Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti” at the “find a biller” Search Bar
- Fill in your email address or phone number in the space provided.
- Input the Payer’s Full name (The Applicant’s full name)
- Search for “APPLICATION FORM (PRE-DEGREE)”
- Click on “Continue”
- Fill in your card details
- Click on “pay”
- Login to the University website: eksu.edu.ng or eksuportal.eksu.edu.ng
- Click on Pre-Degree Application
- Supply basic information requested
- Enter the information requested for validation
- Fill the Application form and submit after completion online
- Pre-Degree Students are required to take the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and obtain the National minimum UTME cut-off mark as may be fixed by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- Only candidates who are successful in the internal Pre-degree examinations conducted by the Directorate of Pre-Degree Programme and satisfy the UTME requirement would be considered for admission into 100 level of the full-time degree programmes in the University including MBBS, Law, Nursing Science, etc.
- All candidates seeking admission into the Pre-Degree Programme must note that admission into the various degree programmes is not automatic.
Deadline: 28th February 2021.