The Japanese Government is pleased to announce the Japan ADB Scholarship Program for international students at the Asian Development Bank. The ADB–Japan Scholarship Program (ADB–JSP) enrols about 400 students annually in academic institutions located in 9 countries within the Region. Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
Asian Development Bank Japan, ADB Scholarship Program For International Students 2020
The scholarship is open to pursuing postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asia-Pacific region.
The aim is to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies.
Founded in 1883, Auckland is the country’s largest university with over 40,000 students, nearly 10,000 of whom graduate annually. The values of the University reflect a commitment to Conserving, advancing and disseminating knowledge through teaching, learning, research and creative work of the highest standard.
Applications Deadline: July 19, 2020
Course Level: The scholarship is open for the postgraduate degree program.
Study Subject: The scholarship will be awarded in the field of economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asia-Pacific region.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover:
- Tuition fees at the University of Auckland.
- Airfare from the scholar’s home country to Auckland, New Zealand.
- The basic cost of living in Auckland.
- Health and medical insurance in New Zealand.
- Airfare from Auckland, New Zealand, to the scholar’s home country at the conclusion of his or her course of study.
- For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation.
Note: The ADB-JSP does not cover dependents.
Nationality: developing member countries are eligible to apply.
Number of Scholarships: 300-400
Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility for the ADB Scholarship for International Students
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students from developing member countries.
- Entrance Requirements: You must:
- Be a national of an ADB borrowing member. For a list of current developing member countries visit the ADB – Japan Scholarship Programme.
- Have gained admission to an approved master at an approved academic institution.
- Have a bachelors degree or its equivalent with a superior academic record.
- Have at least two years of full-time professional work experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Be proficient in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Be under 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programmes which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years.
- Be in good health.
- Agree to return to your home country after completing the programme.
- University of Auckland programmes covered by this scholarship scheme are limited to the following:
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science (Environmental Science)
- Master of Arts (Development Studies)
- Master of International Business
- Masters programmes in Engineering.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must submit the following documentation prior to the closing date:
- Completed ADB-JSP Information Sheet
- Academic documentation – both academic transcripts and degree certificates
- Certificate of Employment for the duration of employment issued by the company
- Certificate of Income issued by the company
- Certificate of Family Income issued by the company. Must be either your parents or spouses annual/monthly income.
- Copy of your Passport
- Valid IELTS test
How to Apply for ADB Scholarship Program
To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link:
SEE ALSO: Google Africa Certification Scholarship 2020/2021 For Young Africans
University of Pretoria MasterCard Foundation Scholarship 2020/2021
Apply for MTN Foundation Scholarship Scheme For Undergraduates 2020
NLNG Postgraduate Scholarship Award 2020/2021 for Nigerians
Leave a Reply