Verified by Visa provides extra peace of mind for online purchases. It is a password-protected authentication system that is designed to approve the identity of the cardholder when a Visa card is used online.
RELATED SEARCHES: verified by visa login, verified by visa phone number, verified by visa chase, verified by visa hsbc, verified by visa 3d secure, verified by visa not working
By demanding a password known only to the cardholder, the bank can verify that the true cardholder is entering their card details into an eCommerce website.
The password may be one that you choose yourself and must remember, or, it might be a code the bank sends you via SMS when you are about to make an online payment.
It aids to prevent fake transactions and gives all parties in the payment process greater peace of mind, especially when used in aggregation with all the other security features offered by Visa. In this article, I will be discussing on verified by visa for Nigerians.
SEE ALSO: How to Apply Online for U.S. Transit Visa 2019
Canadian Visa Lottery Application Form 2019/2020 | How to Apply for Canadian Visa Lottery
How It Works
- Step 1
Register for Verified by Visa in just a few minutes through the bank that issued your card or when prompted at the time of your transaction.
- Step 2
Upon activation, Verified by Visa protects you at every participating online store.
- Step 3
When you shop online at a participating merchant, your card will be automatically recognized as protected by Verified by Visa.
- Step 4
You will be asked to authenticate yourself in a Verified by Visa window displayed on the site using your Verified by Visa password or the one-time password issued to you.
- Step 5
Once you have entered your VBV code, simply follow the steps as you normally would to complete the transaction.
- Step 6
Your issuer will verify your entries and the transaction will be completed upon successful validation.
How to Verify your Visa Card:
- Locate a nearest VISA/VPAY enabled ATM.
- Insert your card and punch in your PIN.
- Select the Change PIN option.
- Select the Internet PIN (iPIN) change option.
- Insert any four to six digits of your choice as your internet PIN (iPIN). <<< This is your password.
- Re-enter the digits you entered in the previous step (5) above.
If you followed these steps above correctly
you will receive a message stating that your iPIN was changed successfully.
You should now be able to make payments online using your Visa card and the new iPIN as your secure password.
Also, please note that the terms iPIN, Password and VbV code all mean the same and can be used interchangeably.
READ ON: 4 Important Tips On Getting A Job Abroad In 2019
10 Hot Scholarships for Engineering Students to Study Abroad in 2020
List of Private Universities in Ghana 2019 and their Fees
Apply for Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship 2019/2020
Frequently Asked Questions On VBV
What is VBV/3D Secure Service?
It is an additional security step to verify the identity of the cardholder and safeguard your online purchasing process when paying with your Standard Chartered Card.
What is the benefit of VBV/3D Secure Service?
It protects you against unauthorized transactions when shopping online since the transaction will be authorized only when you enter your “One Time Password” (OTP).
Who is providing this service? VBV:
This is a service provided by VISA to protect you when you make online purchases using your Standard Chartered Visa Card.
How does VBV/3D Secure work?
- 1. When you want to buy something online, you will usually be asked to submit your basic credit/debit card details – cardholder name, card number, card expiry date, CVV/CVC code, and mailing address).
- After you submit your card details, a pop-up window will appear requesting you enter a “One Time Password” (OTP). The “One Time Password” (OTP) will be sent to your registered mobile number and/or email address before you can complete an online purchase.
- Once you submit the “One Time Password” (OTP), the transaction will be sent for authorization and the merchant website will display a response to you
Why is Verified By Visa not working?
4 throughts on "Verified By Visa Enrollment Guide for Nigerians"