Are you interested in knowing the courses offered in OAU and their Cut Off Mark 2020/2021? Do you want to study at Obafemi Awolowo University? Then sit back and let’s review all OAU Courses and their Cut Off Mark for 2020/2021.
Through this post, we will know the oau cut off mark 2019/2020, oau aggregate cut off mark, how to calculate oau cut off mark, oau post utme cut off mark 2018, oau cut off mark 2018/2019, how to calculate oau departmental cut off mark, oau departmental cut off mark 2018/19, oau post utme cut off mark 2019and more.
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife is one of three Universities established in Nigeria between 1961 and 1962 as a result of the report submitted to the Federal Government in September 1960, by a Commission it appointed in April 1959 under the Chairmanship of Sir Eric Ashby, Master of Clare College, Cambridge, to survey the needs of post-secondary and higher education in Nigeria over the next twenty years. On 8th June 1961, the Law providing for the establishment of the Provisional Council of the University was formally inaugurated under the Chairmanship of Chief Rotimi Williams.
In 1992, the University established a collegiate system with five Colleges. The system did not function effectively and was abandoned after two years. However, Postgraduate College and the College of Health Sciences were retained. The College of Health Sciences now comprises of the Faculties of Basic Medical Sciences, Clinical Sciences, and Dentistry.
The following other Institutes and major units exist in the University:
- The Adeyemi College of Education located in Ondo
- The Institute of Agricultural Research and Training, Ibadan The Natural History Museum
- The Institute of Ecology and Environmental Studies The Centre for Gender and Social Policy Studies
- The Centre for Industrial Research and Development The Institute of Public Health
- The Institute of Cultural Studies
- The Technology Planning and Development Unit The Computer Centre
- The Drug Research and Production Unit
- The Equipment Maintenance and Development Centre The Central Technological Laboratory Workshop
- The Central Science Laboratory The Distance Learning Centre
OAU Courses and their Admission Requirements 2020/2021
OAU Admission Requirement for UTME Candidates
1. the student must choose Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) as his/her first choice
2. Candidate must have scored at least 200 in their UTME/JAMB examination.
3. Candidates must have a Minimum of Credit passes in Five (5) subjects including English Language at any of the O’level examinations ( WAEC, GCE, etc ) and nothing more than two sittings.
OAU Admission Requirement for Direct Entry Candidates
1. Minimum of credit passes in five (5) subjects including the English Language at SSCE, GCE O’Level or equivalent qualification at not more than two sittings.
2. Must possess an HND, OND or NCE in the relevant program to be undertaken in OAU
3. An acceptable score is prescribed for admission at the Direct Entry Screening Exercise.
4. Final selection is a combination of candidate’s certificates and the direct entry screening result.
What is a Cut-Off Mark?
A Cut Off Mark is the benchmark in which a student must meet in his/her JAMB Utme Examination so as to be considered for a Post UTME Examination or direct admission by the management of the institution he/she wishes to attend.
OAU Courses and their JAMB/Departmental Cut-off Mark.
The Obafemi Awolowo University does not really have a specific cut off mark for courses. However, candidates who have scored a minimum of one 180 in UME examination are eligible to apply for admission into any of their choice courses.
Due to the high number of students wishing to study at Obafemi Awolowo University, the admission processes are competitive and admissions are given based on the higher the jamb scores, the higher the chances of being admitted.
Below are courses offered in the university as well as their cut off mark
FACULTY OF ADMINISTRATION
|Management and Accounting||253.0|
|Local Government Studies||210.0|
FACULTY OF LAW
COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
FACULTY OF TECHNOLOGY
|Food Sci. & Technology||200|
|Material Science & Eng||200|
FACULTY OF PHARMACY
FACULTY OF ARTS
|Literature in English||253.0|
|History and His./Inter. Rel.||252|
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
|Education/Guidance & Counselling||212|
|Physical & Health Education||200|
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
|Agric. Extension and Rural Sociology||200|
|Family Health and Nutrition||200|
|Crop Production and Protection||200|
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN & MANAGEMENT
|Urban & Reg. Planning||208.5|
FACULTY OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
|Demography & Soc. Statistics||209|
|Sociology & Anthropology||242.5|
OAU Nature of Admission Screening.
The Obafemi Awolowo University holds her admission screening exercises within a week or a couple of weeks and it usually comes in two phases. Students who applied to study in the school are to proceed for the pre-screening exercise when once it is being announced.
Documents required for the pre-screening exercise are SSCE result and JAMB registration print out only.
It is often important that a candidate arrive early and locate his/her screening venue early. Candidates will be screen on the JAMB scores and their SSCE result
The second phase of the screening is after the admission lists might have been released. Candidates who have merited the admission will be invited for another screening exercise. Here all documents such as;
- Original copies of their educational qualifications (Statements of Results/Certificates).
N/B: Cases of awaiting results will NOT be accepted.
- Birth Certification/Age Declaration.
- A letter of good conduct from your Village Head or a responsible member of your
community/or civil servant not below Grade Level 10 or equivalent in the private sector.
- Certificate of Local Government of origin; and this notification of admission status
OAU Address and Locations.
The Obafemi Awolowo University is located in the heart of the town of Ile-Ife, Osun State Nigeria.
Contact Us @
Faculty of Administration,
Obafemi Awolowo University,
Ile – Ife, Nigeria