Table of Contents
When aspiring to pursue a career in Mechatronics Engineering, it’s crucial to consider the combination of Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) subjects that will best align with your educational and career goals.
The Bachelor’s Degree in Mechatronics Engineering is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Mechatronics, also called mechatronics engineering, is an interdisciplinary branch of mechanical engineering that focuses on the integration of mechanical, electronic and electrical engineering systems, and also includes a combination of robotics, electronics, computer, telecommunications, systems, control, and product engineering.
As technology advances over time, various subfields of engineering have succeeded in both adapting and multiplying. The intention of mechatronics is to produce a design solution that unifies each of these various subfields. Originally, the field of mechatronics was intended to be nothing more than a combination of mechanics and electronics, hence the name being a portmanteau of mechanics and electronics; however, as the complexity of technical systems continued to evolve, the definition had been broadened to include more technical areas.
This page provides the following:
- O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Mechatronics Engineering.
Please read the Mechatronics Engineering programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites, you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering This Course
- AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA, KADUNA STATE – ABU
- AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – ABUAD
- ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY, OWO, ONDO STATE – ACHIEVERS
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- BELLS UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OTA, OGUN STATE – BELLS
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- BOWEN UNIVERSITY, IWO, OSUN STATE – BOWEN
- ALEX EKWUEME FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, NDUFU-ALIKE, EBONYI STATE – FED-NDUFU
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OTUOKE, BAYELSA STATE – FED-OTUOKE
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY, OYE-EKITI, EKITI STATE – FED-OYE EKITI
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE – FUNAAB
- KANO UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, WUDIL, KANO STATE – KUST
- FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, MINNA, NIGER STATE – MINNA
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, IBADAN, OYO STATE – TECH-IBADAN
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements:
Direct Entry Requirement for Mechatronics Engineering:
- A Level passes in any two (2) of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
UTME Requirement for Mechatronics Engineering:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes to include Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Language and any other Science subject.
UTME Subject combination:
- Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Mechatronics Engineering.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Mechatronics Engineering”.
Thanks For Visiting