Here is some realtime update on the Makerere University Admission Application Form for 2023/2024 session for undergraduate, postgraduate and international students. Are you interested in studying at Makerere University? The application process can be overwhelming, I will walk you through each step of the way to make it as smooth as possible.
The management of the Makerere University has released its application form online portal for all interested applicants of the institution. The management has also advised that it is important for all applicants to know the Makerere University Courses and School Fees Structure
You can get more information on the makerere university admissions portal that contains admissions requirements, admission news login details, online application for undergraduate, postgraduate and application deadline.
How to Apply for Makerere University Admission
Online application for undergraduate
- Visit https://apply.mak.ac.ug/
- Click on the REGISTER NOW Button from the Login Page, you will be redirected to a Register Page where you will fill the form with your details as they appear on your Academic Documents.
- During Registration, you will be asked for your First Name, Last Name, Other Names, Email address, Telephone Number and Gender.
- The Email address and Telephone Number MUST be unique and never have been used by any other person for applications before.
- After Successful Registration, you will be redirected back to Login Page and your One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to both your E-mail address and Phone Number.
- Check your Email and SMS for your login password. (For the Email option, please check the Spam folder as well)
- On the Login Page choose either the LOGIN WITH EMAIL or LOGIN WITH PHONE option and enter your Email/Phone number and the OTP you received.
- You will be prompted to enter a new password. Please follow the rules on password creation as shown on the page and click Change Password when done. You will receive a confirmation that your password has been changed.
- Visit https://apply.mak.ac.ug/ and login with the credentials created in the previous steps
- You will be presented with a list of the RUNNING SCHEMES. Choose you preferred scheme and click on APPLY NOW.
- Fill the form shown as instructed, taking note of the mandatory fields marked with an asterisk (*) and when done, click on Save. You can always resume your application at any one time.
Online application for international students
Makerere University welcomes International Students who satisfy the minimum entry requirements-see weighting system and Diploma holders’ requirements for Advanced Level and Diploma holders’ applicants respectively at www.mak.ac.ug.
- Get pay in slips from Stanbic or DFCU bank at the main campus Makerere University where applicable.
- After paying the Fee of USD $ 75 or 172,500 UGX take the bank slip to the main building (Finance Department) for verification where applicable.
- On presentation of the application fee bank slip, pick the application form from Room 316, Level 3, Senate Building.
- Applicants with academic documents prescribed in other languages other than English should be submitted to the School of Languages, Makerere University for translation into English.
- Applicants who obtained qualifications elsewhere other than Uganda should take their secondary school academic documents to Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) located in Ntinda for purposes of being equated to Ugandan grades.
- Completed forms should be returned to level 3, Senate Building, Room 316, and the following documents MUST be attached to the application form:
- Original Pay in slip from the Bank
- One Passport size photograph of the applicants’ current likeness
- Photocopies of Secondary School Certificates (i e Ordinary Level and Advanced Level) or its equivalent.
- Diploma/Degree holder’s applicants MUST attach certified photocopies of their academic transcripts issued by the awarding institutions.
- Applicants from countries where the language of instruction is not English are required to bring evidence of proficiency of English. However, Makerere University (School of Languages) conducts proficiency tests on request.
- Applicants wishing to be admitted to the Bachelor of Laws programme offered by Makerere University are required to take a pre-entry examination.
- International students MUST present insurance certificates from a reputable insurance firm at the time of admission.So, the insurance firm should cater for any eventuality not Makerere University.
- The Academic Year normally starts in August every year. Applicants can download the form and send it with academic documents attached to;The Academic Registrar (Admissions),
P O BOX 7062,
Makerere University Admission Online Application Deadline
The closing date for submission of online applications is Friday 17th March, 2023.
Makerere University Courses and School Fees Structure
Official List of Courses & Programmes Offered at Makerere University
Makerere University Essential Subject Combination
How to Calculate Weighting System at Makerere University Cut off Points
Makerere University Cut Off Points | Private and Government Students Uganda
Makerere University Admission Requirements
The following are application procedures needed for direct entry admission into various undergraduate programmes offered at Makerere University, Kampala.
Each applicant should:
- Have the Uganda Certificate of Education with at least (five passes), or its equivalent and at least two principal passes at Advanced Level obtained at the same sitting. For day programmes, only candidates who sat “A” Level in 2013, 2012 and 2011 are eligible to apply. For Evening, Afternoon, and External programmes, a candidate is not restricted on the year of sitting “A” Level.
- Hold at least a Second Class or Credit (or equivalent classification) Diploma from a recognised institution, relevant to the programmes applied for.
- Be a Graduate from a recognised university.
- Candidates who hold grades X, Y, Z, 7 and 9 of ‘O’level results should not apply because they are not eligible for admission.
- Diploma holder applicants who hold class three (3) Diploma Certificates are not eligible for admission and therefore should not apply, except where stated in the diploma holders requirements.
Leave a Reply