Table of Contents
Adhering to the recommended subject combinations, as per the Requirements for Portuguese Studies, ensures that students can confidently work towards their academic goals in the field of Portuguese studies.
Portuguese is a Romance language originating in the Iberian Peninsula of Europe.
It is the sole official language of Portugal, Angola, Mozambique, Guinea-Bissau, Cape Verde, São Tomé and Príncipe, and Brazil, while having co-official language status in East Timor, Equatorial Guinea, and Macau. A Portuguese-speaking person or nation is referred to as “Lusophone” (lusófono).
As the result of expansion during colonial times, a cultural presence of Portuguese and Portuguese creole speakers are also found around the world.
Portuguese is part of the Ibero-Romance group that evolved from several dialects of Vulgar Latin in the medieval Kingdom of Galicia and the County of Portugal, and has kept some Celtic phonology and its lexicon
The Bachelor’s Degree in Portuguese is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
This page provides the following:
- Portuguese O’Level Subjects and Requirements;
- Portuguese Direct Entry Subject and Requirements;
- Portuguese UTME Subjects Combination;
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Portuguese.
Please read the Portuguese programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
ist of Universities Offering Portuguese
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Portuguese
Direct Entry Requirement for Portuguese:
- Two (2) A Level passes including the Foreign Language(s) where applicable.
UTME Requirement for Portuguese:
- Five (5) SSC credit passes to include French, English Language and any three (3) other subjects.
UTME Subject combination for Portuguese:
- French and any two (2) other Arts/Social Science subjects.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Portuguese.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Portuguese”.