The JAMB subject combination for the Adult Education program is crucial for prospective candidates aiming to pursue a degree in this field.
Adult education, distinct from child education, is a practice in which adults engage in systematic and sustained self-educating activities in order to gain new forms of knowledge, skills, attitudes, or values It can mean any form of learning adults engage in beyond traditional schooling, encompassing basic literacy to personal fulfillment as a lifelong learner.
In particular, adult education reflects a specific philosophy about learning and teaching based on the assumption that adults can and want to learn, that they are able and willing to take responsibility for the learning, and that the learning itself should respond to their needs.
Driven by what one needs or wants to learn, the available opportunities, and the manner in which one learns, adult learning is affected by demographics, globalization and technology. The learning happens in many ways and in many contexts just as all adults’ lives differ. Adult learning can be in any of the three contexts, i.e.:
- Formal – Structured learning that typically takes place in an education or training institution, usually with a set curriculum and carries credentials.
- Non-formal – Learning that is organized by educational institutions but non credential. Non-formal learning opportunities may be provided in the workplace and through the activities of civil society organizations and groups.
- Informal education – Learning that goes on all the time, resulting from daily life activities related to work, family, community or leisure (e.g., community baking class).
The World Bank‘s 2019 World Development Report on The Changing Nature of Work argues that adult learning is an important channel to help readjust workers’ skills to fit in the future of work and suggests ways to improve its effectiveness.
The Bachelor of Adult Education is competitive. Knowing the prerequisites will enable you have seamless registration and also avoid unnecessary mistakes.
Why Study Adult Education? Adult education plays an important role in helping mature aged learners develop new skills and improve the career prospects available to them.
This page provides the following:
- Adult Education O’Level Subjects and Requirements.
- Adult Education Direct Entry Subject and Requirements.
- Adult Education UTME Subjects Combination.
- And other useful information that will enable you to make the right choices so that you gain admission to study Adult Education.
Please read the Adult Education programme admission requirements below carefully. If you meet the required prerequisites, you may proceed with your UTME/Direct Entry registration.
PLEASE NOTE: There are variations to the requirements listed below in some universities. In that case, it’s advisable you make references to the PDF version of JAMB Brochure.
List of Universities Offering Adult Education
ADULT AND COMMUNITY EDUCATION
ADULT AND CONTINOUS EDUCATION
ADULT AND NON-FORMAL EDUCATION
- ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO, ONDO STATE – AAUA
- ADENIRAN OGUNSANYA COLLEGE OF EDUCATION OTTO-IJANIKIN, LAGOS (AFFL TO EKITI STATE UNIV)”>AOCOE
- BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO, KANO STATE – BAYERO
- UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, BENIN CITY, EDO STATE – BENIN
- UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR, CALABAR, CROSS RIVER STATE – CALABAR
- EMMANUEL ALAYANDE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, OYO. (AFFL TO EKITI STATE UNIV)”>EACOE-DEG
- EKITI STATE UNIVERSITY, ADO-EKITI, EKITI STATE – EKSU
- ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, ENUGU, ENUGU STATE – ESUTECH
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, PANKSHIN,PLATEAU STATE (AFFL TO UNI OF JOS)”>FC-PANKSHIN
- FOUNTAIN UNIVERSITY, OSOGBO, OSUN STATE – FOUNTAIN
- UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN, IBADAN, OYO STATE – IBADAN
- UNIVERSITY OF ILORIN, ILORIN, KWARA STATE – ILORIN
- UNIVERSITY OF JOS, JOS, PLATEAU STATE – JOS
- KWARA STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION, (TECHNICAL), LAFIAGI (AFFL TO ABU, ZARIA)”>KWCOE
- UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS, LAGOS STATE – LAGOS
- IBRAHIM BADAMASI BABANGIDA UNIVERSITY, LAPAI, NIGER STATE – LAPAI
- UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI, BORNO STATE – MAIDUGURI
- NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY, WILBERFORCE ISLAND, BAYELSA STATE – NDU
- OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY, ILE-IFE, OSUN STATE – OAU
- UNIVERSITY OF PORT-HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE – PHC
- TAI SOLARIN UNIVERSITY OF EDUCATION, IJAGUN, OGUN STATE – TASUED
- USMANU DANFODIO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO, SOKOTO STATE – UDU
- NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE – UNIZIK
- UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA, ENUGU STATE – UNN
ADULT EDUCATION / POLITICAL SCIENCE AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
ADULT EDUCATION/ECONOMICS AND STATISTICS
ADULT EDUCATION/ENGLISH LITERATURE
ADULT EDUCATION/GEOGRAPHY AND REGIONAL PLANNING
UTME and Direct Entry Requirements to Study Adult Education
Direct Entry Requirement for Adult Education:
(i) Two (2) A Level passes.
(ii) NCE merit in two (2) subjects.
UTME Requirement for Adult Education:
Five (5) O Level credit passes including English Language, Mathematics and three (3) of Literature in English, History, French, Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Christian Religious Studies, Islamic Studies, Geography/Physic, Economics and Government or TC II with pass in English Language and four (4) other subjects.
UTME Subject combination for Adult Education:
Government/History, one (1) Social Science subject and any other subject.
NOTE: Kindly make references to JAMB Brochure for remarks/waiver for Adult Education.
That’s the much we can take on the topic “JAMB Subject Combination for Adult Education”.
Thanks For Visiting