For all interested in admission into the Cavendish University Uganda, here is a full list of the CUU Cut Off Points for all Courses like Medicine and Surgery, Law, Engineering, e.t.c. This also contains the Cut Off points for the Screening.
Cavendish University Uganda (CUU) is a private university located in the capital city of Kampala. It was established in 2008 and has since grown to be one of the leading universities in the country. The university offers a variety of programs in different fields, including business, law, science, and technology.
A Cut Off Point is a benchmark in which a student must meet in his/her PUJAB Examination so as to be considered for direct admission by the management of the institution he/she wishes to attend.
Cavendish University Uganda Cut Off Point for All Courses 2023/2024
The management of Cavendish University Uganda has not released the official cut off points for 2023/2024 but in the mean time, it is advisable to know the admission requirements and school fees structure at the university while we wait for this information for the management.
Cavendish University Uganda Admission Requirements 2023/2024
The minimum entry requirements for admission to a Bachelor`s degree programme are:
- Direct entry (a) At least five (5) passes at the Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent (b) At least two (2) principal passes at the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent.
Conditional admission will be verified after getting the Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) Results print – out. Within the framework of the general direct entry requirements, there may be Special Faculty Requirements which a candidate must fulfill to gain admission to a programme in a specific Faculty.
- Mature Age Entry (a) A candidate must be at least 25 years of age (b) The candidate must have passed Mature Age Entry Examinations with 50% mark or above (c) The Mature Age Entry Examinations must have been taken at a Centre approved by the NCHE (d)No candidate who had previously attended a programme at Cavendish University Uganda shall be readmitted to the University under this scheme to a programme of study in which he/she failed to qualify during his/her previous attendance.
- A Diploma Holder`s Avenue A candidate must have obtained at least a second class/credit diploma or the equivalent performance which is relevant to his/her desired field of study from a recognized institution.
- Foundation Programme Certificate A candidate who holds a Foundation Programme Certificate from a recognized institution is eligible for admission.
- A Degree Holder`s Avenue a) A candidate must have a degree in an accredited programme from a recognized institution. b)The candidate shall be considered for admission to a field relevant/related to his/her degree. c) The candidate must have met the minimum requirements for admission to the degree programme he/she has completed.
- An International Applicant:
6.1 Must have a qualification that is recognized for University entry in his/her home country or country where he/she has studied. The applicant will be offered a provisional admission for one semester pending equating of his/her qualification.
The University may consider for admission to a degree programme a candidate who has successfully completed a 12 – year – system of education provided that such a candidate has been registered at another University, prior to applying to Cavendish University Uganda, for a degree programme and has successfully completed at least one year of University education. Such a candidate must, however, submit the University academic transcript from that other University.
6.2 A holder of a 12- year-system of education Certificate:
A holder of this Certificate such as the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education or the equivalent is required to successfully complete a Foundation Year before enrolling for the Bachelor`s degree programme.
- Special Entry: Applications submitted by candidates who do not meet the traditional entry criteria can only be considered after consultations with the NCHE for guidance and with the approval of the Senate.
- Admission to Other than the First Year Admission to the second or third or any other year requires the special consideration and permission of the relevant Faculty Board and the Senate in accordance with the University policies on Exemption and Credit Accumulation and Transfer.
Ordinary Diploma Programme
The minimum entry requirements for admission to an ordinary diploma programme are:
- A candidate must have obtained:
a) At least five (5) passes at the Uganda Certificate of Education or its equivalent at the same sitting;
b)At least one (1) principal pass and two (2) subsidiary passes obtained at the same sitting or its equivalent.
- A candidate must have obtained a Second Class Certificate at the Foundation Programme.
An applicant for a Master`s degree normally has obtained at least a second class lower division degree or its equivalent from a recognized university. An applicant with a third class (pass) degree must satisfy the relevant department and the Board of Postgraduate Studies that he/she has acquired academic and professional growth as determined by the Board of the School of Postgraduate Studies and Research.
Makerere University Cut Off Points 2023/2024 | Private and Government Students Uganda
Busitema University Cut Off Points 2023/2024 | Private and Public Universities in Uganda
Kyambogo University Cut Off Points 2023/2024
Muni University Cut Off Points 2023/2024 | Private and Government Students Uganda
Gulu University Cut Off Points 2023/2024 | Private and Public Universities in Uganda
Leave a Reply