Table of Contents
Bingham University has a very strict dress code policy for students in line with its rules and regulations and the university is operated under a Christian worldview. According to the school board, dressing adds value to a person’s personality, self-confidence, and self–worth. This saying is very instructive; “The way you dress is the way you will be addressed”. Below is the dress code for both male and female students:
Bingham University Official General Dress Code
All students shall
1. not pierce or tattoo any part of the body while in the University.
2. not possess and or wear jeans trousers in the University environment.
3. not wear ¾ (three quarters) trouser of any kind to the lecture halls, administrative building, and chapel services or during official hours.
4. not wear face-cap, muffler and such other clothing that does not portrait decency.
5. be readily identifiable at all times with their faces uncovered. No student is allowed to wear anything that prevents ready identification such as full-face motorcycle helmet, mask or veil.
6. at all times wear a photo ID. Photo ID must be clearly visible and should not be worn on backpacks or below the waist.
7. wear clean, professional footwear with a low or moderate heel. Dress sandals and clean sneakers are appropriate for class. Flip-flops or well-worn athletic shoes are strictly prohibited.
Dress Code for Female Students
All female students shall
1. be corporately dressed that is, a smart skirt suit, skirt and blouse, or a smart dress with a pair of covered shoes.
2. wear gowns and skirts of AT LEAST 4 – 6 INCHES below the knees.
3. not wear sleeveless native attire or baby sleeves and tiny strap wears without jacket within the University Environment
4. not wear dropping shawls scarves over dresses or dresses with tiny straps in the University environment
5. not wear clinging clothing (including body hugs, hip-stand trousers)
6. not wear revealing blouses, especially blouses that do not cover the navel in the University environment.
7. not wear transparent dresses without inner wears. Transparent dresses may be worn with dark singlet or other forms of dark inner wears.
8. wear decent hairstyles. Coloured weaves and attachments are strictly prohibited.
9. wear earrings and necklaces of moderate sizes (not too big). Wearing more than one earring on an ear is strictly prohibited.
10. not wear ankle chains and toe rings in the University community.
11. wear boobs tubes and camisoles under jacket with all sense of modesty. No part of the chest should be revealed.
12. properly tuck into their shirts whenever they wear waist coasts or anklets sweaters over such shirts.
SEE ALSO: Covenant University Official Dress Code
Bingham University Dress Code for Male Students
All male students
1. are expected to dress corporately to the lecture halls, Chapel services, examination hall with a shirt and necktie.
2. not wear tie with canvas.
3. not wear Jerry curls and treated hair.
4. are expected to be clean-shaven, as keeping of beard is prohibited.
5. shall button their long-sleeved shirts. Any student found without buttoning his sleeves shall be sanctioned.
6. shall properly tuck their shirts into the trouser. Any student found wearing his trousers above the ankle and or pulling down trousers to the hip line (sagging) will be sanctioned.
7. shall wear a well-cut and combed hairstyle. Keeping of Afro hairstyle is strictly prohibited.
For a breach of University Dress Code for Students, sanctions range from a warning, suspension for a period not exceeding one to two sessions, or expulsion from the University.